cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello MDM Experts,

I had installed SAP MDM Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator GUI on my laptop.

Here is My question,

How can i define my laptop as SAP MDM Server, So i can Mount on SAP Console.

I have Some Sample repository , I want to load that repository.

I am not a Database Guy , so Let me know about DB also in layman Language.

Is it possible ???? if yes please let me know.

Thanks

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Sunil

This is possible. You also need to install MS SQL on your laptop and then the MDM server installables like MDS, MDIS and MDSS.

Last two servers are required if you need automated import or syndication.

fpr more details on how to install refer to MDM Installation pdf available in service market place.

best regards

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Thank you all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

MDM Server needs to be installed according to the Laptop OS. If this is a Win32 OS, please download MDM Server for Win32 (only available in MDM 5.5). If this is a Win64 OS, please download MDM Server for Win64.

Hope this helps,

Idan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh/Idan

could you pls send me file mds file ( DB : SQl ) and OS : Windows

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

First I think saye thanks to all of you.

Please could you let me know from where i can get SAP MDM MDS server , can i get from service.sap.com

is it possible to get ?????? or not

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

You can download MDM Installable from Service.sap.com provided you should have sufficient authorizations. Check the below path

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/support

Downloads -> Installation and Upgrade - Entry by Application Group -> SAP Netweaver -> SAP MDM -> SAP MDM 5.5

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jitesh,

But I am not able to figure out which one is for SAP MDM MDS , could you let me know name , so i can download correct one

Thanks

SUnil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Click on Info of the Title - SAP Master Data Management 5.5 SP6 1 of 3.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Database is used to store data. MDM is like a front end for the database.

In order to work with MDM, you need to install

MDM Server - MDS

GUI Clients - Console, Import Manager, Data Manager, Syndicator

Database - MS SQL Server/IBM DB2/Oracle/MAX DB

Once you are done with the installation you can refer your laptop as an MDM server either by using the laptop name or ip address 127.0.0.1 i.e. in MDM Console you can mount MDM server using your laptop name or 127.0.0.1. Prior to Mounting MDM Server make sure that your MDS in running (check Services).

If you have one repository in the form of archieve i.e. .a2a file then place this file in the path <MDM Installation folder>/MDM 5.5/Server/Archives. Now in Console, right click on server and select UnArchive repository command which ask for the repository file and repostiory name. Select the file palced in Archive folder and give some meaning ful name to the repository.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja