cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is accounting document automatically created once invoice has been posted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

SO has a billing plan and few invoices corresponding to it. Does the system automically create the accounting document once invoice been posted or it works somehow else?

I am inside the billing document but there is no any accouning overview.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An accounting document will not be created parallelly with Invoice.....

It will be created only after creation of Invoice.... provided if............

1. revenue account determination is matching with invoice.

2.the document type is not blocked for accounting document creation..

3. it has no field in incompletion log....particularly account assignment group of customer,material etc.,

Creation of accounting document is controlled by IMG..but not in EASY ACCESS..

Unless posted the data will be in SD and will not goto FI.

So, while creating invoice, before saving we can not see accounting document..

But after saving invoice, goto VF02 / VF03 enter Invoice number.... and click on ACCOUNTING tab ... here..

A. if accounting document is created, we can see Accounting document.

B.If accounting document not created, it will show message "The accounting document has not yet been created".

this message says there may be problem with above mentioned 1,2,3. if those are cleared.... we have to goto VF02 and click on FLAG to manually post SD to FI and creat accounting document.

Hope this clears your requirement, reply whether RIGHT or WRONG.

BEST REGARDS

Satya.SCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

once again , the status of billing doc is 'Posting has been created' and I can find this document

but ..... if i press accounting overview the system tells me accounting doc hasnt been posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the accounting document in FB03 tcode and BSID/BSAD tables as well, if the docuemnt exists there. Then its a serious problem, raise OSS note to SAP.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope there wont be any Incompleteness in the Billing document, as if there is any incompleteness, then NO Accounting Document Number itself generated.

Pls try by going to VF02 t.code and select enter. You will be taken to the main screen, where you can see the line items / materials. Here, you can see at top an "Accounting Tab" and select that tab. You will be taken to an other Pop up screen, where you can find the Accounting Document Number. Double click on that Accounting Document number to see the overview of that document. If this is not workable, then you can surely see the overview of the Accounting document in Transaction FB03.

if you still find problem, advise us the message you get, when you try to see the Accounting Document Overview.

Ravi.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The basic reason why you are unable to see the accounting document for the billing document is that the billing document is not

released to FI. For this operation i believe, you have to manually release it.

Procedure to release:

Open the invoice in VF02 t-code, there is a button (Green colour) which signifies "RELEASE". Press that button.

Then open the billing document and you can see the accounting document.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

but accounting doc has been already posted

the status is 'posting has been created'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes if document is complete and account has been determined correctly.

Goto VF02>Header>Posting Status. And check the status. If not yet posted then follow the procedure suggested above.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Yes , the status is 'posting document has been created'

Edited by: Comandante Che Guevara on Aug 31, 2009 8:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per standard functionality for 0 value billing accounting documents are not generate generally. And status has been automatically set as posted.

Even if you want accounting document then Take help of FI guy, else cancel it and create new.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot

the value isnt 0!

there a billing doc and accounting document. Accounting doc has a reference to billing doc. My only issue is that I dont see any accounting overview from the billing doc.

Is it a normal case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

During Invoice creation through VF01 first the billing document is created. The system checks for the incompleteness log if any

and if everything is correct, you have to manualy release the entries to accounting through VF02 > billing document > release to accounting.

Regards,

Sadashivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I realized that accounting document exists but its not linked with relevant billing document (billing document doesnt show any accounting overview). Although , there is a reference to billing document in the accounting document? How is it possible?