Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon not possible(Error in licence check) in ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam using ECC 6.0 IDES,

I have created a user by the name "sapuser" using username SAP* and when i am trying to login with that username "sapuser" it is giving an error

saying " Logon not possible(Error in licence check)" even iam getting the same error for the usermae DDIC.

Can any one please suggest me in fixing this problem.

Thanks in Advance,

Balu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

seems your license has expired.login to the system as sap* and check the license by executing tcode slicense.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok Dalai,

i have checked for license expiry date,it was not expired,it has still two months to expire.

thank you,

balu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi balu,

post dev_w0 from the work directory.

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

and the ouput of following too using sidadm

sidadm > saplicense -show

sidadm > saplicense -get

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

If you are running on AIX also verify that you have your system's message server and port defined in the etc/services file. This was an issue we had in the past, which allowed me to logon to the system but Tx slicense was not able to fetch the Hardware ID (I agree, very strange but that's how it is sometimes).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must to be sure that com.sap.security.core.ume.service in Config Tool is configured correctly.

Then, try this:

Check the value of "ume.logon.security_policy.password_expire_days" using the configtool.

In the configtool, switch to Configuration editor (blue and yellow icon with pencil)-> Configurations-> cluster_data-> server-> cfg-> services-> Propertysheet com.sap.security.core.ume.service. Select change mode by clicking the pencil/glasses icon on the toolbar.

Open the propertySheet and find the property 'ume.logon.security_policy.password_expire_days' and check the value. If the value is set to 9999999999999, please change it back to the default value by double clicking on the property-> select "Restore default"-> Ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu.

Check this parameter in your instance profile:

sec/libsapsecu

And check if your libsapcrypto.so is really in the path given by this parameter, otherwise, the system won't be able to check your license.

Hope this could help.

Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

I suggest you to check the system date.

Then login with sap* and check the license expiry date.

This might give you an idea of what has happened.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all check that you are able to login with Sap*.

Have you activated the Https port in your system.if yes then can you run strustsso2 is that fine.

try to remove the license and apply it again from os level .

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Balu!

The work process tries to retrieve the hardware key from the message server, but the message server is not yet initialized.

Usually, the problem could be resolve after restarting the server, Pleae follow the SAP notes for the reported problem!

Note 833434 - License key: Error getting the hardware key

Regards

Anwer Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we had same issue and in our case problem was with message server entry in Service file was not correct.

Please check if it is same with you.

Br,

Vinod