cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call oracle pro*c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can XI call oracle pro*c as sender or receiver?

please guide me.

if not, do i have to persuade users in order to move source to stored procedure?

thanks

Venjamin(YD)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>>can XI call oracle pro*c as sender or receiver?

Unfortunately, the sender JDBC adapter does not support Oracle's store procedure/function. Unlike stored procedures from other database vendors, Oracle returns a cursor, not a resultset. The sender JDBC adapter must send a resultset to XI.

There are 2 possible ways you can accomplish this:

1. Use BPM and call the Oracle stored procedure using a receiver adapter via a asynch-synch bridge.

2. Develop a user-module for the adapter, which can be used with a sender adapter.

Thanks

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my question, about oracle pro*c,,

pro*c and stored procedure are different, what do you think about? are same?

Thanks

Venjamin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi venjamin,

I dunno what an Oracle pro*c is, but i am pretty sure, it is not supprted by the JDBC adapter of XI as none of the Help DOcuments talk about them.

It is possible to call oracle functions and stored procedures, but , oracle pro*c, I dont think it is possible.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am not good at oracle knowledge

how to call oracle function? is same the way calling stored procedure(execute)?

XI can not call stored procedure as sender JDBC adapter, however, jdbc adapter can call oracle function as sender and receiver?

when custormer require scheduling oracle stored procedure as sender, i have nohting to say them

thanks

Venjamin

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venjamin,

The same problem that comes with an Oracle Stored Procedure exists with an Oracle Function. Both of them return a Cursor , while in the case of a Sender JDBC adapter, it expects a RESULTSET

Oracle Stored Proceudre and Functions acan be called in an JDBC receiver Adapter Only.

As for your customer, well, work arounds are possible. Use a BPM, use a RECEIVER JDBC adapter to execute the STORED PROCEDURE and get the data and then proceed or, just tell them that Oracle Functions and Stored Procedure cannot be used in your scenarios.

If you give your entire requirements, may be some work around can be arrived at.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can execute stored procedures with the help of JDBC adapter both in sender and Receiver side.

couple of threads-

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy