cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any open source BSP for downloading?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am looking for a complete BSP application that would allow customers to inquire on their sales orders online. I cannot find any web site that offers a repository of free BSP applications for download that I can search. Is there such a thing?

I imagine that a BSP online order inquiry is such a common thing that I should be able to find it anywhere.

Can anyone help? Or am I reduced to writing one from scratch anyway?

We are running ECC 5.0, WebAS 6.40.

Thanks!

Nelson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson Santos,

I think there is no downloadable bsp application in the internet.

But, there is an online BookShop tutorial in help.sap.com

Here is the link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/4e/ac0b94c47c11d4ad320000e83539c3/frameset.htm

All you need is to just follow what is provided in the document.

If you have knowledge on ABAP it's a plus.

I think you can finish the tutorial with in 2 or 3 hours provided you have all the neccessary setups for creating a bsp application.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran.B,

Thanks for the reply. I was actually aware of that tutorial, and it would be the first thing I will look at if I am assigned the task of writing an online order inquiry BSP app.

I take it you went through this tutorial? How was the experience for you? Were you able to pick up BSP pretty easily with it?

I have some beginner's knowledge of ABAP, so it's just the HTML aspect of BSP and how it interacts with ABAP that I need to learn.

Thanks!

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

In order to create better UI Elements html is not sufficient. You need to use htmlb, phtmlb, xhtmlb, etc..,

for great Look & Feel.

For Starters....Go through the below link...

<b>HTMLB</b>

http://devnetmedia.sap.com/html/submitted_docs/htmlbManuals/getting_started.html

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Maheswaran.B

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I would be a little suprised if you found an entire open source BSP Business Application. I can't imagine too many companies who are willing to give away the intellectual rights to their own custom development. At my previous employeer I was allowed to post freely lost of technology examples, although I was never allowed to post any complete business applications - for just this reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

I see where you are coming from.

I was thinking that an online order inquiry program would be so generic that it wouldn't be damaging to anyone to share their code.

I did find a website that allows users to post their ABAP source code (http://sap.ittoolbox.com/), but I have yet to find any BSP source code anywhere.

Maybe you're right, though. I'll spend a little more time looking, and then I'll probably end up writing one.

Thanks!

Nelson