cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Workplace installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I have installed a developer workplace etc . I have installed J2ee engine , portal , JDI etc using oracle DB at the server side .My server and JDI is SP14 version . I have following questions .

1 ) From where we can installables for Developer workplace . Pls give the path .

2 ) Is it possible to go for a developer workplace that use MAX DB at my machine ( my laptop ) .Or do I need to go for the same oracle database even at my client machine .

Thanks

Aneez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am clear about JDI . I have already installed on the server machine . Regarding Developer workplace , Can youpls point out

1. The installer files .

2. Issues for using two different databases ( Max DB on the local J2EE engine and Oracle for remote J2ee enfgine

Thanks

Aneez

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aneez,

you should have a element called "Developer Workplace" in the SapInst menu.

The Developer Workplace will install a MaxDB locally

(if you have alreay one, it will ask you if you want to use the instance or you want to reinstall).

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you let me know what all CDs this will require??

kai_unewisse3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

SAP has a Installation guide called

"InstGuide DeveloperWorkPlace_StX_SR1.pdf"

It mentions there the necessary DVDs:

SAP NetWeaver'04 SR1 Installation Master DVD

SAP NetWeaver '04 SR1 Java DVD

Regards,

Kai

PS: Aneez, please close the discussion by rewarding points to the appropriate contributors when your question has been answered.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that you may be slightly confused on the terms. Developer Workplace comprises two components. The first component is NetWeaver Developer Studio. This is the IDE. The second is a J2EE engine that you can deploy the components you build in NWDS to. These components are both installed on your local machine. NetWeaver Developer Infrastructure = JDI. These are server side components. The CMS, CBS, and DTR make up the JDI.

If you search for Developer Workplace you will find the installables.

You can use different databases in theory but I have seen issues.