cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily periodicity in Storage Bucket Profile (APO DP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One Basic question on Storege bucket profile setting in APO DP and its effects on performance.

If i create a storage bucket profile with Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Year as periodicity and assign to a DP planning area.

Now as per my DP business need, i only use weekly, Monthly and Quarterly in my data views setting(Time Bucket profile) and for all calculation purpose i only uses weekly, month & Quarterly buckets.

Can you tell me what will be the performance and Server sizing impact is such scenarios?

Why i have asked this question:

I have a situation in which in DP we are working at Weekly level always. However as a special case we need to do some adjustment on Day level too. I am interested in knowing what is a good approach to make one Planning area with Day as lowest periodicity in Storage bucket or create two planning areas- 1) lowest as week level 2) lowest as Day level.

Regards

Pushpinder Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder,

The areas affected by having "Day" in the storage bucket will be as follows:

1. It will have a direct impact on the APO hardware sizing as the number of time buckets will increase by 7 times. Say you were storing data in weeks for 3 years history and 2 years future. Then for sizing purposes, your time buckets would have been 52 weeks *5 = 260. This will directly get multiplied by 7. So I suggest, that change the time buket parameters in Quick sizer tool and check what additional hardware requirements would be required.

2. As long as you are extracting data to BW at week level, it would still not be a problem. However given that you are making adjustments at day level, and you want to extract data at day level to BW, it will have a similar impact on BW sizing as the number of records will be very high.

Regards,

Kedar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder,

Usually weekly and monthly views are recommended for DP. If your client wants to have daily also in the Storage bucket profile then please tell them that will reduce the performance of the system drastically, in such case they may have to augment there APO server. There is no way that you can do anything to reduce the data in the Live Cache, because space is allocated in the LC as per the definations maintianed in the Storage bucket Profile.

Thanks,

Harsh