cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Namedsearch not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a issue in SRM MDM Catalog. We are using SRM MDM Catalog 2.0, SRM 5.0.

We have created several WebService views into catalog using namedSearch attribute. For example, Metaltechnica WebService has call structure with filter of items from Metaltechnica. So when the requisitioner clicks on the link of metaltechnica for accessing this catalog in SRM, only the items for metaltechnica should come across on the screen from MDM.

However, the issue that I am facing is that when the requisitioner clicks on the link for metaltechnica catalog, 4 other catalogs show on the screen which is not correct. I have checked the namedsearches in MDM data manager and when I click on the namedsearch for metaltechnica, only the items belonging to metaltechnica shows.

Request your help on this. Points would be awarded for resolution.

Thanks

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh

I do remember once Masa advised in the forum on this named search.

the same syntax maintained in MDM must be maintained in named search parameter value. i believe it is case sensitive.

check it up.

i got nowthant link for you r reference

https://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1221271&tstart=0

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for the response. I did check this link by Massa. The configuration in our system is exactly the same as mentioned. We are keeping the name of the search as the catalog id and that is maintained in SRM.

The namessearch is working for other catalogs. Only for one catalog I am faicing this issue.

Thanks

Rakesh

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Did the requestor inherits all the catalogs?

bbp_read_attributes fm

user name - requestor

org id -5xxxxxx

SINGLE attribute - CAT

O/PUT - LIST of catalogs you must get what are the catalogs he can have access.

as you aware it is like catalog views (named search) for each catalog.

so one catalog can have more that one named search right?

check it up

br

muthu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you recall what solved this issue for you?

Thanks,

Keith

Tamas_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

please check in the console, that the Role which is assigned to the search user has more authority on the "Tables and Fields" are set in the SRM.

Regards,

Tamá