cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Format not poper For receiver File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using XML File to xML File scenario. My receiver is SAP R/3 system. When I send file from another system, It is properly seen in payload but the file is not properly recived on SAP R/3. The XML File appears on single line and when seen on SAP side side the fileis cut after some length. Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Please check in file receiver communication channel whether you have any content conversion parameters etc. If you are opening in wordpad or notepad you may feel it is getting cut into different lines because of formatting with them (remove word wrap in format menu). Also open the file from the receiver directory directly and see whether you have the same issue. As michal told that xi dont cut any files on its own until unless you specify.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

This is just a view problem.

You check the xml structure in RWB CC, If it is fine there then that means your file in R/3 is correct. To get the proper view ask your basis guys to download the file from OS level.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks evrybody for help. But can anyone tell me the steps or procedure to get xml file plced on aplication server on to the local PC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

You can download from al11 transaction. Try c3gy transaction which is also used for downloading a file or else you can write a program for downloading from application server to presentation server. Please do a search in abap forums you can get the program. Search like download file from applicaiton server to presentation server, there you will find the programs and different ways also.

Regards,

---Satish

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>The XML File appears on single line and when seen on SAP side side the fileis cut after some length. Any help is appreciated.

it's probably not the XML file file that is corrupter but the way you view the file

do you open it from AL11? if so it does not show the whole file

PI/XI does not cut XML files for sure

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk