cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut and Paste errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All-

I'm running EP6 SP15 on WAS 6.40. When I go to move (cut/paste, copy/paste) or rename objects in the PCD, I occasionally experience strange behavior including the process hanging, breaking in the middle, or resulting in deletion of objects in the folder I was working with.

Has anyone else experienced this type of erratic behavior? If so, is there a relevant OSS Note or other fix that I'm missing?

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a message when the process is hanging or breaking?

Sometimes the process is hanging since the object to be copied is locked by another user, so before making any operation on a specific object - the object should be unlocked.

Hope it's help.

Best Regards,

Shimon.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

javed_shaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi this is a normal behaviour,

actaully what happen is that suppose u create a iview attach it to a page and then later on try to cut that iview and paste it to some other folder, so what happens is the Delta link created is missed out for the PCD object (i.e in the page in this case). Same holds true for worksets, roles , systems etc.

So it a good idea to already define fix decided folder structures for all PCD objects at the very initial developement process.

Regards,

Javed.

Well Yes Matt you are true there is a procedure to repair this delta link trace if at all u decide to move ur object to some other folder. You will have to Trace the Delta link for that obj. In the delta link you will find that the Hierchy of the obect will be broken (i.e. missing). We have to then manually browse that object to its new folder path. In this way ur PCD path gets repaired and the object starts working fine any place it is refrenced.

Hey even though i hav nt tried this but this is possible.

Regards,

Javed.

Message was edited by: Javed Shaikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

I agree that its a good idea to define the folder structure early, but sometimes moving something is unavaoidable. And while its true that this seems to happen often in the case you are mentioning, its definitely not "normal behaviour" in the sense that this is how the Portal was designed to behave. If that were the case, the pattern wouldn't be erratic (i.e. it would NEVER work to cut and paste something; there might not even be the option to cut and paste an object that had been linked to another). Also, SAP has confirmed that Delta Links are supposed to be updated on PCD move operations.

But, thanks for the insights...

Regards,

Matt