cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of material groups into hierarchy not possible (note 432339)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to replicate material groups (DNL_CUST_PROD1) from R3 system. Prior to this our SRM system configured as standalone and Material Hierarchy is already defined. When I am trying to replicate the material groups in SMQ2 I am receiving status as "sysfail" and further I am getting above message. In the message the OSS note also mentioned. In the OSS note they have given following solution

Error message "Import of material groups into hierarchy &1 not possible":

In transaction COMM_PRAPPLCAT, you specify that the hierarchy specified in the error message is to be used for application 'Purchasing' (02). This means that the material groups would be created in this hierarchy. Delete this setting in Transaction COMM_PRAPPLCAT. If hierarchy R3MATCLASS already exists, assign

hierarchy R3MATCLASS to application 'Purchasing'. Then the material groups are created in hierarchy R3MATCLASS. If you want to import the material groups into the hierarchy specified in the error message, you can also keep this hierarchy

assigned to application 'Purchasing' and deactivate the error message. Error message "Import of material types into hierarchy &1 not possible". You can do this in Customizing under 'Customer Relationship Management -> Master data -> Basic settings -> Define system message characteristics'.

My problem is I am not able to find out the path given in the OSS note ( i.e, Customer Relationship Management u2013 Master data) . Any one can help me in this regard ?

with regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ram

one upon a time supplier relation ship management and customer relation ship management comes under EBP node i.e ebp 3.5 versions.

/people/marcin.gajewski/blog/2007/02/05/how-to-replicate-material-master-from-r3-to-srm

plz visit Marchin blog to.o

since u r aleady in standalone but now you may try push material group from ecc to srm .

so you need to do set up all crm middleware settings in ecc and srm.

br

muthu