cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extraction of Classification data from ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to extract the classifiation data from the ECC system and import that into MDM.

Is there any standard extractor like we have for other views in material, ustomer and vendor master ( MDMGX ).

If not, is there any other way to extract this data?

Thanks and Regards,

Sravan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use "BAPI_CLASS_GET_CHARACTERISTICS" to get classification data. Pass class number and class type (Customer, Vnedor, Material) to this BAPI.

Create one Z-fm to use this BAPI, use Z-fm in MDMGX.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Use the TCode MGMGXC1 to create it.

In the paramenters you need to mention the check table of it and the field name which you require.

For example:

MDM PORTCODE LT_Classification

TABLE NAME TKUKT

NONLANG FIELDS KUKLA=Key

LANG FIELDS SPRAS=LANGKEY,VTEXT=Name

Then you can select LT_Classification in MDMGX and extract the data.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Sorry for not being very clear.

I wanted to extract the eClassification data from ECC system which is the taxonomy table in MDM.

So now give me your inputs , is there any standard extractor for extracting the eClassifcation data.

Thanks in advance,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan

There is no standard extraction available for eclassification data to the best of my knowledge. Use MDMGX or customized FMs case by case as suggested above.

best regards

Ravi

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Sravan,

the eClass Classification represents external data that can be used in MDM. You do not load this data from ERP, but from an external provider. Please check [eClass.com|http://www.eclass.de/index.html/JTI2bmF2aWQlM0QzMDY1JTI2bm8lM0RpbnRybyUyNnNpZCUzRGNiNWIzZDcwMDJjZDZkYmU4ODQzYWViNGQzNDhlNzJmJTI2YiUzRA==.html] for details.

Thanks

Michael

former_member189669
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

There exists a standard Function Module in ECC - CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS for extracting charactistics.

You can make use of this to obtain classification data for suitable objects in ECC.

Regards,

Vinay M.S