cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System not available for selection in Maintenance Optimizer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When planning the maintenance in MOPZ I choose product version and the system displays a list of systems assigned to the Product Version. However, the list only shows one of the two systems assigned to the logical component (prod system). I have looked at the logical component in SMSY listed under SAP ERP -> SAP ECC Server -> Z_SAP ERP and both systems are listed and are "green". A Consistency Check of the logical component shows no errors.

Any ideas are helpful, thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Please implement the SAP Note 1247550 - present all avaliable systems in mopz step 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

Implementing note 1247550 - 'present all avaliable systems in mopz step 1' solved the problem. An upgrade of Solution manager from SPS17 to EHP1 would have solved the problem as well :).

Thanks for your help.

Robert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

please look a the solution level data. Is the other system is put under the same solution.(by "put in solution" option and is visible under the graphic view).

hope this helps and feel free to revert back for any issues.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have looked at SMSY -> System Groups and Logical components -> Solution Landscapes -> Solution and both systems are listed under their respective categories (Production System and Development System) and are green. When I go to Change Mode and right click on the systems (SID:000) the only option that is available is "Remove from Solution" for the Dev. system. The Prod. system does not have any options available and this is normal since it is in the leading role. It is the Dev. system that is not shown in MOPZ.

Regards,

Robert

Edited by: SBS Robert Jackson on Aug 29, 2009 12:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

The Logical component looks fine. Check the consitency of the systems in that Logical component- By doing a consistency check.

Also, Confirm whether the System ID is part of MOPZ solution -> Txn-SMSY-Systems-> <SID>(DEV in your case)->where used list.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have done a consistency check (see first post) and it does not return any errors. However it looks like the consistency check only checks that the "logical component is used in the solution" for the "checks to be carried out" pop-up box. The consistency check does not seem to check at the individual system level which is not very helpful in my case.

I have opened an OSS message but I would like to resolve this issue ASAP to continue with EHP4 upgrade.

Regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Robert,

Is it the problem of 'filter' on initial screen of MOpz ? And I hope you are executing new MOpz transaction in the 'correct' Solution.

In the initial screen of MOpz, when you select the product version, you should be able to see a 'filter' button/link on the right hand side. Just check and confirm and click on that button and select 'all'.

Currently, you are able to see only a few systems, this might be due the fact that, the filter (by default) is set to display only the most recent used systems in the list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am sure that I am in the correct solution, the solution consists of one product version and two systems. However I do not see the filter button you are referring to. In MOPZ, when I select the product version and it returns the list of systems it only shows one system and there is no filter button. The system is SolMan 7.0, SPS17.

Regards,

Robert Jackson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert

In a particular solution when you do, Change Management -> Maintenance Optimizer

On this screen of 'Create new maintenance transaction', you must be able to see the button 'Display filter'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no 'display filter' on the screen you are referring to, Change Management -> Maintenance Optimizer -> Create New Maintenance Transaction. This is the initial screen of the maintenance transaction where it shows the 5 steps of the maintenance transaction. The following selectable fields are available:

Priority

Short Text

Product version

When I make a selection for the product version an additional selectable table is available where I can select the systems. I should be able to see all the systems assigned to the logical component, however I only see one of the two systems.

I have checked two other Solution Manager systems and there is no 'display filter' or 'hide filter' button either.

Regards,

Robert