Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

match codes and user defined fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to display match codes associated with user defined fields in tcode CJ20N. How do I do that:?

regards,

Mat

6 REPLIES 6

sbhutani1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mathew,

You can try the search help because matchcode is obsolete.

Regards,

Sumit Bhutani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Yes...I was researching search help last night. My thought was to approach a solution as follows. There is a field key field on the screen that is used to determine which labels to display with each user field. I thought I could build a search help, attach it to the user field, and then based on the value of the field key (import to search help) I could select specific records from a ztable for display as the hit list (export from search help)....does that sound about right?

Mat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The search help is generally used to get the value out of a list into one field and that happens automatically when you invoke the help from a field.

So, why do you want to export the hit list?

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I think I'm using the wrong terminology here...my apologies. Let me clarify. I will build a ztable that contains the field key from the screen and the values I want displayed in my drop down list. My search help will be linked to this table with an import parameter of field key. When the user chooses to view selectable values the search help will use the field key to filter the values in the ztable and display only those selectable values that match the field key. Does that sound correct?

Mat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the search help, you can define the fields of the ztable by which the user can narrow down his search. You can specify them as the selection criteria and these fields will be displayed for the user to enter data.

I am not sure if you are mentioning this field as the key. If yes, then you are on the right track.

Regards,

Ravi