cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple question on Java - Something wrong with return statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created WD screen which fetches data from R/3 using RFC. The code is like as below.

public com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.api.WDTextViewSemanticColor getMyOpenTripsColor(IPrivateList_trips_appView.IMyOpenTripsElement element)
  {
    //@@begin getMyOpenTripsColor(IPrivateList_trips_appView.IMyOpenTripsElement)
	for(int x=0; x<wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().size(); x++){
	  if(wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getRecommendedActionsTravel().equalsIgnoreCase("Change Travel Request")){
		  wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("i "+ wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getRecommendedActionsTravel()+ "  trpno "+ wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getTripNumber() );

return WDTextViewSemanticColor.CRITICAL;

}
	   if(wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getRecommendedActionsTravel().equalsIgnoreCase("***Request Cancellation***")){
		  wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("j");
		return WDTextViewSemanticColor.MARKED1;
		}
	 }
	return null;

My problem is that there are 47 records in the table (wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().size() is 47). When I am executing the following code, only first record is being displayed. The wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager.reportSuccess statements return following records. There are many trip nos in addition to 1427. Why only first record is getting displayed?

hi1 47 
 i Change Travel Request  trpno 1427 

hi1 47 

hi1 47 

hi1 47 

..many more rows (19 rows)

Please help.

Regards,

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

this problem occurs when the code "return" is executed, your application return from this method, and not execute other entries of the node MyOpenTrips (only first elemento from this node is read!).

create a local object with WDTextViewSemanticColor (or arrayList) type and, in the if clausure, move the constant value "WDTextViewSemanticColor.CRITICAL" or "WDTextViewSemanticColor.MARKED1" to this variable. In the end of the method, return this variable.

Other way to resolve your problem is passing the index of element to read into MyOpenTrips node and read this in the method.

//public com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.api.WDTextViewSemanticColor getMyOpenTripsColor(IPrivateList_trips_appView.IMyOpenTripsElement element)
public List getMyOpenTripsColor(IPrivateList_trips_appView.IMyOpenTripsElement element)
  {
        List tripListColor = new ArrayList();
	  if(wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getRecommendedActionsTravel().equalsIgnoreCase("Change Travel Request")){
		  wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("i "+ wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getRecommendedActionsTravel()+ "  trpno "+ wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getTripNumber() );

tripListColor.add(WDTextViewSemanticColor.CRITICAL);

}
	   if(wdContext.nodeMyOpenTrips().getMyOpenTripsElementAt(x).getRecommendedActionsTravel().equalsIgnoreCase("***Request Cancellation***")){
		tripListColor.add(WDTextViewSemanticColor.MARKED1);
		}
	 }
	return tripListColor;
}

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have modified code like as below. However the issue still persists.

Regards,

Gaurav

public com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.api.WDTextViewSemanticColor getMyOpenTripsColor(IPrivateList_trips_appView.IMyOpenTripsElement element)
  {
	Collection openTrips = new ArrayList();
		IPrivateList_trips_appView.IAllMyTripsElement i = wdContext.createAllMyTripsElement();
		openTrips.add(i);
		 return WDTextViewSemanticColor.CRITICAL;

}
		openTrips.add(i);
		return WDTextViewSemanticColor.MARKED1;
		}
	 }
	return null;

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess returns:

When I am removing "return null; " from the code the code does not get compiled. I am getting following message "This method must return a result of type WDTextViewSemanticColor"

Regards,

Gary