cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable workset tabs in ESS

jeff_karls
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to remove the tabs across the top of ESS (ERP2004 60.2) through configuration in ECC5.0? I can remove areas (such as Travel and Expense) from the Employee Self-Service homepage/overview page through configuration, but the workset tabs across the top remain.

Or do I need to manually modify the delivered ESS portal content to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jeff_karls
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses. Changing the position from 8 to 0 in configuration removes the area from the homepage but does not remove the workset tab. I believe you both answered my question that the portal content itself needs to be changed.

Thanks again,

-Jeff-

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jeff

this can be done two way.

one from portal side.

one from SAP R3 side.

<b>from portal it's so easy.</b>

open the following from portal

content administration -> portal content ->content provide by SAP -> End User content ->com.sap.pct.ess.employee->com.sap.pct.ess.workset->right click to open travel and Expences workset

on the right side u find Property Editor - Travel and

Expenses under property catogory select show all

under that u find Invisible in Navig... select yes

and save. the work set is not displyed on portal.

<b>from R3 side</b>

SPRO -> IMG ->cross application component ->Homepage framework ->Areas->assign areas to area group page->

double click on Assign Areas to Area Group Pages (Find Entries)

find the area key EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL -> change the position from 8 to 0

save ur entry release the request. restart the j2ee server.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you have to modify this in the Portal itself. Go to Content Administration > Portal Content and hide or delete the worksets you need to get rid off.

You will need the Content Administrator role to do this.