cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z-table to JDBC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys , need some help in integrating an SAP Z-table to DB.

Since i am using a Z-table i might need to use a client proxy and then interface , Looking for any scenarios already posted on weblogs ?

Please suggest,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can either go with Proxy/RFC scneario.

If you are writing Proxy, just write an ABAP report ,which will select required record from the table and dump into the XI with a message. This message will be mapped with Jdbc receiver and complete the scenario.

You can schedule this ABAP report for the same.

Hope this helps,

REgards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can achieve this in two ways

1. Write a Remote Function module(RFC) and fetch data fromt he ZTABLE and pass it DB.

2. Generate Client ABAP Proxy and write a report to call this proxy.

You can use this as an example to guide you.

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

IF it's async call and you are going to schedule a Batch job and data is huge it's recommended to go with ABAP Proxy

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moorthy and Kumari for your valuable replies : I am new to this scenario ,

I have the following questions :

1. How to write an ABAP report for messaging with proxy

2. while writing to DB how to ensure the data is written on to DB ( is there any kind of written response that we can expect of )

3. i assume all the communication is synchronous.

best regards

Krishna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

<i>1. How to write an ABAP report for messaging with proxy</i>

First create an ABAP proxy as mentioned in the blog(link is there is earlier post) and write an ABAP report in Tcode SE38 of the Application system. Even this also mentioned in the blog.

For more-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/02/265c3cf311070ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

<i>2. while writing to DB how to ensure the data is written on to DB ( is there any kind of written response that we can expect of )</i>

You need to make Synchronous communication with Receiver JDBC adapter.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/frameset.htm

<i>

3. i assume all the communication is synchronous.</i>

If you require acknowledgement immedaitely, from the JDBC then it should be syncrhonous scenario.

First go with this blog -/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for valuable replies :

i understand how a client proxy is generated for the interface discussing and then writing a report.

Now :

1. Where this ABAP Report is written ? in R/3 ( where Z-table is or in xi box ?)

2. Once this report to call proxy is taken care of, how to integrate between this Z-table and report ?

3. I assume this will be async and only receiver JDBC will be sync ?

4. How and to what way i get an ack from DB ? show i have to use it to file or in what way it comes back ?

Please suggest

Krishna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>1. Where this ABAP Report is written ? in R/3 ( where Z-table is or in xi box ?)</i>

-- In R/3 ( Application System) - where the Ztable is

<i>2. Once this report to call proxy is taken care of, how to integrate between this Z-table and report ?</i>

In the report, you just write the ABAP code to retieve the data from the Table. And pass these values into the Proxy by calling proxy method from the ABAP report .

<i>3. I assume this will be async and only receiver JDBC will be sync ?</i>

If you want to get the response to the sender system, then both should be Synchronus. And you can make sure that your proxy also synchrnous call.

<i>4. How and to what way i get an ack from DB ? show i have to use it to file or in what way it comes back ?

</i>

If you call the DB with Synchrnous inetrface you will get the response. No need of any file system here. Check the link provided in my earlier post. It talks about that.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,

AS you said both can be made sync , should i have to incorporate anything in report for ACK from db ? i hope in this case no need of BPM ?

Please suggest,

Krishna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>AS you said both can be made sync , should i have to incorporate anything in report for ACK from db ?</i>

First of all, you can call proxy synchronously. SO you will get the response back to the proxy. Inturn to the ABAP report. So after getting this acknowledgement , what you need to do ? Do you want to send a mail,update a table, or delete the Ztable entry etc... It is depend on the requirement.

<i>i hope in this case no need of BPM ?</i>

Here no need of BPM.. You can do without that.

Go ahead and try.

Thanks,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

like mentioned by Moorthy, if you create your PROXY Sysnchronosuly, then you can map the response of the JDBC adapter to the proxy response and you will not need a BPM.

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valued responses,

I am still in design phase hence i am thinking whether to use an RFC by calling the whole ztable and response from DB back to the same, which seems more easier ?

Now i am wondering the structure of response / ACK generated ?

Pelase suggest,

Krishna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

<i>I am still in design phase hence i am thinking whether to use an RFC by calling the whole ztable and response from DB back to the same, which seems more easier ?</i>

You can use RFC for this. But it depends on the number of records in the table. If you have very huge number of records, then it is better to use Proxy. Otherwise go with the RFC. And it is the concern of Performance.

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks moorthy for your valuable replies,

well one final question in winding up this thing , How can data from Z-table be referenced through RFC , i mean if there is an update is done in Z-table or new data added , then is there any scheduler i can look it triggering this RFC ?

Please suggest,

Krishna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i> i mean if there is an update is done in Z-table or new data added , then is there any scheduler i can look it triggering this RFC ?</i>

Is this scenario is an addHoc or you need to schedule it. If it is addhoc i.e whenever table is updating , you need to send this data into XI.

Now question is , how this table is updated? There will be a some program to update this table. So in that table itself , after successful updation/insertion, you can call RFC , so that message is triggered in XI..

If you want to schedule this RFC to XI interface, then write a small ABAP program thru which you call RFC module. And this report you can schedule it.

There is one more option to send the data into XI from ztable. This is thru sender JDBC adapter. It will poll the table for every interval mentioned and get the data into XI. But for this you need to think about Security etc.

Hope this helps,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for info , one quick question on this : As you said

"After successful updation / insertion , You can call RFC , so that message is triggered in xi "

1. From where i call RFC ( is it in R/3 / xi ? if through xi how to do it other than importing RFC )

2. Generally for activating RFC's , they need to called in R/3 once activated will it works for every update / insertion over this table ?

Please suggest

Krishna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

<i>1. From where i call RFC ( is it in R/3 / xi ? if through xi how to do it other than importing RFC )</i>

It is from R/3 .. You need to import the RFC structure into XI to use RFC in the XI scenarios.

<i>2. Generally for activating RFC's , they need to called in R/3 once activated will it works for every update / insertion over this table ?</i>

Question is not clear here. Hope you have a program which updates a table. and after successful it triggers a RFC which will pull the data from the table and put into XI.

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a user-exit that updates the table. There is a function module that i import in to xi to get this data. Now i am not a big shot of abap but i think that this RFC or Func module can be called in R/3 .

Now in xi i import this RFC. Now by calling this RFC/Function Module in R/3 will this trigger the transaction through xi ?

Please suggest,

Krishna

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

<i>Now in xi i import this RFC. Now by calling this RFC/Function Module in R/3 will this trigger the transaction through xi ?</i>

Once RFC is triggered in the R/3 data will be sent to XI.

More On-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

<i>From where i call RFC ( is it in R/3 / xi ? if through xi how to do it other than importing RFC )</i>

you should call from R/3

<i>Generally for activating RFC's , they need to called in R/3 once activated will it works for every update / insertion over this table ? </i>

In the RFC you have to write commit after every transaction.

You import this rfc into XI and map it the other side. Also you dont need to have a sender agreement here since it resides in ABAP stack.

Regards,

---Satish

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

<i>Also you dont need to have a sender agreement here since it resides in ABAP stack.</i>

Are you sure ???

No... sender Agreement is required.... Only Idoc and Http adapter are part of Integration Engine..

Thanks,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna

I am sorry about that. Yes you are right. We require Sender agreement in his scenario.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your valuable replies guys : stuck with basic idea : need some help :

As i said this is the scenario : user exit updating the ztable and there is Remote enabled Function module to get the data for xi.

Now inorder to get data to xi , or calling RFC from r/3 there needs to be a destination ? ( i am not sure about this )

for the same scenario i have also have a proxy developed , i was suggested earlier to write an abap report which will call the proxy and send the data in

Instead can i achieve the same thing using the Function module instead of report ? Now the question is there automated way of calling this module instead of doing it manually for data going in to xi ?

I am at cross roads pl suggest

Krishna

Answers (0)