Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to release a RFC to call it from a webdynpro ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have a RFC function, not a BAPI RFC, that is call from de Developer Studio (JAVA IDE) via RFC Adaptive Model. On the JAVA side a message says <b>"not released for 'remote' calls"</b>, the RFC function (not BAPI RFC) was transported, and can be execute without problem at the transaction. The user is a RFC user. What is missing at the R3 side? The backend is a R3 4.6B.

Thanks a lot for your time and intrest on the thread.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need to set the "Remote Enabeld" flag on the function module. Go to SE37, enter the function module name, click change, click the attributes tab, now select the radiobutton for "Remote Enabled Module".

Regards,

Rich Heilman

15 REPLIES 15

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You need to set the "Remote Enabeld" flag on the function module. Go to SE37, enter the function module name, click change, click the attributes tab, now select the radiobutton for "Remote Enabled Module".

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich:

Thanks for answering!.

I follow the steps you wrote but the radiobutton was at "Remote Enabled Module". So I don't know why my Developer Studio see the RFC function (not BAPI RFC) as not release function as I see a yellow icon and not a green one next to the function. Any Idea? The RFC is executing with a RFC user.

Thanks a lot for your time.

0 Kudos

If it is working correctly, then just ignore the yellow warning. I believe that what you are seeing may be a warning that the function module is not released for customer use. This means that you can use it, but don't expect any support when using it in your apps and SAP reserves the right to modify the signature and code of the function module.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

HI Javier,

IN se37, go to

Function Module-> Release->RElease.

This will help you.

REgards,

Ravi

P.S: PLease Mark Helpful posts

0 Kudos

Thanks Rich.

The RFC function is a custom function (Z_PSIM_NGC_PEP_UE) non a SAP function so, if I don't get it wrong, always will be released for customer use.

Am I wrong?.

Thanks again for your time.

0 Kudos

No, you are right. I really would not worry about the warning message. I am pretty sure it will not cause you any problems with your application.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

If I continue the import steps this error is display:

[Warning]: Creating a connection with Metamodel language <en> failed. Continuing with language <ES>

[Fatal]: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: Missing R3NAME=... or ASHOST=... in connect_param in RfcOpenEx

[Info]: Creating Model: PepUEModel

[Info]: Creating Model Class: Z_Psim_Ngc_Pep_Ue_Input

[Info]: Creating Model Class: Z_Psim_Ngc_Pep_Ue_Output

[Error]: RFC Import Failed. The import has been terminated.

[Fatal]: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: The function module "DD_DOMA_GET" not released for 'remote' calls.

[Fatal]: com.sap.ide.metamodel.importers.rfcmodel.RFCImportFailedException: RFC Import failed. Cause: class com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception:The function module "DD_DOMA_GET" not released for 'remote' calls.

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: The function module "DD_DOMA_GET" not released for 'remote' calls.

at com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC$Client.nativeExecute(Native Method)

at com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC$Client.execute(MiddlewareRFC.java:1221)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.execute(JCO.java:3691)

at com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Client.execute(JCO.java:3136)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDFactory.execute(DDFactory.java:173)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDFactory.execute(DDFactory.java:164)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDDomain.<init>(DDDomain.java:45)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDDataelement.<init>(DDDataelement.java:59)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDFactory.analyseJCOReturn(DDFactory.java:451)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDFactory.getDDObject(DDFactory.java:434)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDFactory.getDDObject(DDFactory.java:372)

at com.sap.mdi.ddtypes.DDFactory.getDDObjectWithSubtree(DDFactory.java:262)

at com.sap.mdi.RfmParameter.getDDObject(RfmParameter.java:602)

at com.sap.dictionary.types.mdi2metamodel.R3ToMetamodelDictionaryConverterWithNestedStructures.getDdicObject(R3ToMetamodelDictionaryConverterWithNestedStructures.java:206)

at com.sap.ide.metamodel.importers.rfcmodel.DynamicRFCModelImporter.ImportRFC(DynamicRFCModelImporter.java:341)

at com.sap.ide.metamodel.importers.rfcmodel.DynamicRFCModelImporter.doImport(DynamicRFCModelImporter.java:196)

at com.sap.ide.webdynpro.modeleditor.wizards.model.creation.ModelWizard$3.run(ModelWizard.java:706)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

So I'm not sure if I have to ignore the warning or not. Have you work or make RFC function to be called from a webdynpro (Adaptive RFC model)?

Thanks a LOT for keep in contact!!

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes, I have created custom "Z" RFC function modules to retrieve data from R/3 from a webdynpro java application. I don't really remember having any of these problems.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Do you remember/know if something was done at the function DD_DOMA_GET?

0 Kudos

I just tested it, I have yellow icons next to my function module names, I don't see the message anywhere, but when I import, it imports successfully.

This DD_DOMA_GET is most likly being used to get the metadata of the function module. This is internal of the plugin.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks a LOT for the test you made.

You said that DD_DOMA_GET is internal of the plugin, for that I understand at the WAS side. I thought that it was at the R3 side.

As my error said <b>DD_DOMA_GET" not released for 'remote' </b> I ask to make some changes at the function (R3 side) and mark it release or as remote if it wasn't.

Can you verify if this function it's at the R3 side?,and if you have it release and remote enable?.

Thanks so much for your time, contact and efford.

Regards

0 Kudos

It is remote enabled on the R/3 side. You are not trying to directly call this function module are you. You are getting this error when trying to import your "Z" custom function module, right? What version of NWDS are you using? What version is your engine. What version is your R/3 box.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Thanks a LOT to look the state!.

If you are asking me if at the search input I put directly the RFC's name ( Z*name) the answer is YES.

I'm using:

NWDS

Version: 2.0.16

Build id: 200602130353

Engine WAS 6.40

Portal 2004 SP 15

Thanks a lot again for keeping in contact.

Regards

0 Kudos

Javier, I doubt that this will solve your problem, since we are not yet dealing with the engine, but the SP levels of your engine and NWDS should match. You do not currently match as your NWDS is at level 16, and you engine is at level 15. I would suggest making your NWDS to level 15, and try again.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

I follow the steps:

Login to SAP GUI, call transaction SE37, input "DD_DOMA_GET", click "Display", go to "attributes" tab, switch to edit mode "Ctrl+F1", select "Remote-enabled module" radio button, save, activate.

but I still have the error:

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: The function module "DD_DOMA_GET" not

I search at the SDN and only find my post.

Any idea?.

Thanks a lot for your time.