cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TBDL "to be delivered" message problem in P.I. 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

When I look in the Adapter Engine status it says I have several thousand messages in Process Backlog (without errors) for receiver components, but I have no unsuccessful messages in message monitoring,or "to be delivered" , or "held". I had some system error messages which have cancelled successfully

How can I find out what these messages are, or even if it's just the engine status showing a bad figure?

Thanks

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

>

How can I find out what these messages are, or even if it's just the engine status showing a bad figure?

I don't think the engine is showing a bad figure. Can you check the before the date of your first message that is stuck up as TBDL, is there any message which has failed?

Also, please check the queues (SQMR / SQM1 / SMQ2) for any blocked queue.

Let us know more details so that anyone can help you.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

I've checked we have no stopped queues, and no failed messages . What happened today is we had large number of messages put through and this caused somed issues with queues stopping and messages scheduling themselves for restart The backlog cleared itself, but we had quite a few messages marked as "Cancelled - since already processed" - they had been duplicated. When I look at these in message monitoring using message id, they are all succesful

Do you know how I can identify the messages that might be making up the TBDL figure? - all I have in monitoring are success messages

Thanks

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

>

Do you know how I can identify the messages that might be making up the TBDL figure? - all I have in monitoring are success messages

Goto RWB -> Message Monitoring -> (drop down) "Adapter Engine" from "Database" and "Integration Engine" from "Database" -> Status drop down "To be Delivered"

Hope this helps.

regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

sorry, I should have explained - that's what I mean - there are no messages "to be delivered" when I look in message monitoring. That's the problem I'm having - I can't work out what they are

Thanks

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now this is confusing

What exactly is happening? The messages are getting delivered but they are taking lots of time? This is what you are asking?

What is the size of the messages? If you trigger a message right now, how long it takes to show up in PI (SXMB_MONI)? And when it shows up in RWB monitoring?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

There are no problems with messages now - any new message is being delivered no problems.

But the Adapter Engine status says I have 5000 messages stuck, and this figures does not change , but I can't find any failure messages anywhere. That was why I asked if perhaps the status itself was showing a bad figure..

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert, it will be worth re-starting the server. Let us know if the problem still remains after the re-start.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Aug 28, 2009 3:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Did you ever get an answer to this issue?

We are seeing something very similar in our PI 7.1 - a number of messages where processing was disrupted, but which did eventually get processed successfully, but where we are left with a large number under "Backlog" column on the "Engine Status" page. However, there are no messages scheduled, or failed, or queued.

So, similar to what you described, we have this large number of messages counted under "Backlog" but which have been processed OK and which we cannot find anywhere else.

I'm guessing it's probably a PI database status update that did not occur properly because of the disrupted processing (and it's difficult to test for things like this in product development, so I can see how this could happen). But I cannot find mention of it anywhere.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

No, I did not get an answer.

However, we have archiving of successful messages switched on (they get deleted after 7 days) and as each day goes by, the TBDL figure in the engine status screen decreases. We still have no failures anywhere, and the TBDL figure does go up and down back to this old figure , so I have come to a similar conclusion as you that it's just a ghost figure that will disappear in a few days...

Regard

Robert

Former Member

We finally got a chance to restart th eenvironment, and the failed message count disappeared