cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you address "Number Ranges" problems after remote client copy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

After a remote client copy there is a number range problem in the target client. As a result PM module users are unable to create, change or an open orders etc . The error that results is "Enter a valid value"

The client copy was executed using profile SAP_ALL and it completed successfully without any errors

How can I address this problem in the new target client ? and what should I do during future client copies in order to avoid this situation ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please goto SWU3 and check thet work flow is configured properly, if not you can configure and you have the option to configure the number range.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions

The remote client copy was done after locking out all users in both the source and target clients

Infact users are unable to retrieve the following in the target client though this works perfectly in the source client (PRD).

u2022 Internal Orders

u2022 Network Orders

u2022 Plant Maintenance Orders,

u2022 WBS elements

The remote client copy was done using profile SAP_ALL and it completed succesfully without giving any errors

could there be a post client copy activity that I forgot to run after the copy ? I'm only aware of SCC7 but this is normally done after a client copy involving client export/import

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never heard of any other post processing step for client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Anjali

scc7 does post client copy processing . but I think this applies only if one used client copy via export/import method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy must be repeated

copy should be carried out in odd hours when no work is being carried out

Please go through both of the Notes

Note 552711 - FAQ: Client copy

Note 24853 - CC-INFO: Client copy, functionality