cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII 12.0 navigation in iGrid only by key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have an iGrid on website. In this iGrid maximum 50 messages can be displayed at once e.g. But if there are more than 50 entries, you must scroll to see the entries. If you can scroll, everything is good.

Now my problem:

There is no possibility to use a mouse, where the page is viewed. All activities must be done by keyboard. The solution for the navigation is to have two buttons, on for up and on for down (or the up/down arrow key). By clicking the up button the next row in the grid will be selected, by clicking down button, the previous row will be selected. The selection is running for each row, but if there are more than 50 rows with data in the grid, the selection is done (with applet.setSelectedRow(row)) but you can not see the selected row. The Problem is, if the button is pushed (via accesskey in javascript, the up/down arrow key or via tabkey+enter) the grid loses focus, an it is not possible to scroll or navigate by button, accesskey or up / down key any more.

Only by clicking in the grid, the focus is back on the grid and the scrolling by up/down key is possible now and it is possible to navigate to the next item and you see the selected row. But please remeber, clicking is not possible.

I have tested for example with applet.focus(), other javascript functions and i have searched in the applet methods, but there is no function wich is useful for this case.

Please help to find a solution...

Thanks in advance

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Try messing around with this for your down button and do the opposite for your up button.

var gObj = document.applet.getGridObject();

var selRow = gObj.getSelectedRow()

selRow++;

gObj.setSelectedRow(selRow);

if(selRow > 1)

gObj.setFirstVisibleRow(selRow);

Regards,

Jamie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

what a simple solution. It runs perfect. Thank you!!!

Thomas