cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message mapping: SOAP Receiver to IDOC Sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have an idoc sent to SOAP receiver. SOAP Response will have only the "Status code" and the "Reason of failure".

IDOC Sender will have the PO Number and the Vendor Name to which we are sending.

The SOAP Response will not have the PO Number and the Vendor Name.

How can i have the Reason of failure, PO Number and Vendor in one message type?

Thanks in advance,

Tirumal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tirumal,

If you can get the web service to handle this requirement, it wud be simple.

If you can not change the web service, then you gotta hav a BPM which will use PO # and Vendor (available in SOAP request) and a transformation step which will add this info to the SOAP response.

praveen

PS: BTW you seem to be working on a new scenario every day...a real quick developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen -

Thanks for the response and appreciate your observation.

Very tight deadlines with the client and have to finish lot of tasks in short time so putting hands in everything.

There are lot of vendors who run their proprietary web services. So cannot change their stuff.

How would i map the SOAP request to the SOAP Response since some information is in one message type and other half of information available in other message type.

I created a SOAP Response Type with the "Reason Code" information.

I created another message type with all the information that i want.

How would i map the SOAP Request to the SOAP Response msg type and the other message type.

Let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tirumal,

Create a mapping which takes two input messages SOAP request and SOAP response and renders an output message with the complete message (PO #, vendor and error code).

Use this mapping in ur BPM after you make the SOAP call.

When you make the SOAP call, you will pass the request message using a asynch MI which has same MT of the SOAP request. Similarly, when you receive the SOAP Response, you receive it into an asynch MI which has same MT of the SOAP response. So, use these two asynch SOAP request and response to produce a target message with complete error status.

Hope it is clear this time.

gud luck for ur multi-tasking

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen -

I have created all the steps.

Have a question in the Correlations. How would i correlate the SOAP Response?

I have the Start-> Receive(IDOC)->Switch->

1st Branch i have:

Transformation(idoc->soap request xml)->Send(soap request xml).

What will be the next steps after the Send?

Thanks,

Tirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tirumal,

You need to have a synch send step, not an aysnch send step. 'Sync send' will take care of correaltion for SOAP request and SOAP response. You do not need to bother about handling correlation explicitly.

After this synch send step, insert a transformation step and specify SOAP request and SOAP response as source messages and the message with all the details as target message.

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen -

So there should be a Synchronous Message Interface with Request and Response as message types and which should be given in the Send step.

So the above Synchonous MI should be given in the Send Step.

Thanks,

Tirumal