Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Details Regarding SFTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing file to file scenario with out IR

ECC system will create the file and places the file in SAP APP server.i will just pick up the file from one SAP FTP server and

places the file in thirdparty FTP server. and picking up the file from third party FTP server to our SApP APp server.

I have done the development.

But now client needs to send the file in secure way.

Here i want to clarify two points.

*BASIS people will provide me the OS script for giving the input in our XI system.

1. Right now i have selected as File Adapter and TP as FTP.

if they give me OS script i will give the script name in Runtime OS command after message processing. as i am not doing any message mapping herei will select after message processing command.please confirm my understanding is correct.

or any additional configuration are required from my side.

2. I have custom adapter in my system as SFTP .If i select this what would be the TP???

But in this i could not find any OS command selection to provide the OS script.

Please advise what else needed from my side if i go with 2 point.

I have one more doubt.

I have to send ten different files from the folder and in that folder there are lot of other files with different names which can not be transfer in my scenario.

If i go with point 1 i can use Additional file and give the 10 file names.

But if i go with point 2 i dont have option of selecting the Additional files.

Please advise me how to move forward.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

> 1. Right now i have selected as File Adapter and TP as FTP.

>if they give me OS script i will give the script name in Runtime OS command after message processing. as i am not doing any >message mapping herei will select after message processing command.please confirm my understanding is correct.

>or any additional configuration are required from my side.

Since this is within your company, ask your basis gusy to mount the file sharing as NFS so that you have shared folders. Then TP will be NFS. You call the script after message processing and that should work for you. If you call after message processsing the message you can see in moni. So to avoid you can call before messgae processing.

>2. I have custom adapter in my system as SFTP .If i select this what would be the TP???

>But in this i could not find any OS command selection to provide the OS script.

TP for this would be SFTP and you cannot use OS script for this. SFTP is only a secure protocol.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for your Reply.

For 1 option or 2 nd option i will get confirmation from Basis.

but if basis people suggest for 2nd option then i need to craete 10 channels for sending 10 different files, as i dont find any additional files for selecting. can you please confirm on this how can i acheive.

I have SFTP as Custom Adapter type like File but in TP i dot have option like SFTP.

Can you please confirm what should be taken like which i better option.

Thanks,

Swetha Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

Why do we need 10 communication channels. you can use one only. Either you can put . or put all the files in sender communication channel. And if you want the same name then check the adapter specific message attributes and select the FileName option. Also you may need to check the documentation for the SFTP adapter from the vendor where you brought. I would think it would be SFTP.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks my prob is solved.

Thanks