cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order in Always connected mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My client is interested in using a blackberry to create a sales order. Based on the Mobile Sales Online Overview (for SAP CRM) pdf, it seems you can only view sales order/contracts. Do we have to develop an application for creating Sales order? If yes, what has to be developed in the mobile browser and how much time would it generally take for developing an application wiith low to medium complexity?

In cases where the blackberry has no cellular signal, can the orders still be taken and stored locally and synchronized later on?

I do not wish to use the Blackberry solution for SAP CRM V1.0 as it does not support sales order creation.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In cases where the blackberry has no cellular signal, can the orders still be taken and stored locally and synchronized later on?

MI it self is a Occationally connected mode.

where the customer can generate the sales order even in the off line scenario and can synchronize the data with his server later. Initially the data is stored locally and when synchronized it will be trasfered to the server

to generate the sales order you need to develop an application based on the bapi wrappers generated based on the bapi BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT1 OR BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2

I do not wish to use the Blackberry solution for SAP CRM V1.0 as it does not support sales order creation

we have tested the application with windows mobile and i am not sure with the blackberry.

Regards

Manohar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you correctly pointed out SAP CRM Sales for BlackBerry does not allow Sales Order creation as of now and thus if you want to get this functionality from SAP as standard you may have to wait for future releases. As of now we do not have any dates about the releases from SAP.

Alternatively you can choose to develop your own application using BlackBerry developer studio to conenct via NW Mobile to CRM. SAP NW Mobile has shipped an addon called "Gateway to SAP NW Mobile" and this allows you to model the CRM objects like sales order in NW Mobile and provision them to BlackBerry developer studio as WSDL files.

You might need more information as there are specific semantics which are to be followed if you want to connect via gateway to SAP CRM. Such an application will support offline/onlinescenario as per your need.

You can check the details of the gateway in the documentation available at service market place already but right now I do not see any information released from SAP officially that can help you build such an application using the platform from scratch.

https://sapneth3.wdf.sap.corp/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718204

Making a simple online browser based application (purely online scenario) can be achieved by writing your own server side components on SAP CRM which can expose the BAPI's via HTTP (maybe web services or via RFC using JCO or .Net Connectors). Or maybe you can make a custom browser based applicatio like a BSP/WD(I heard that blackberry now supports Web Dynpro components too in the browser for rendering. check the below post from a developer at RIM

http://www.blackberry.com/DevMediaLibrary/view.do?name=SAPonBlackBerry

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you confirm if Mobile Sales online has standard functionality like sales order display, account mgt, activity mgt etc? Can it be deployed right away? What is the effort involved?

Thanks

Ashish

VikasLamba
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you are referring to MSA Online. I have never used it myself so cannot give you the details but the following link on SMP can you give you the necessary info.

https://sapneth3.wdf.sap.corp/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718204

Regards,

Vikas