cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WAS service stopping while started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to start the SAP J2EE engine service.It is stopping immediately giving the below message.

"The Service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

I think thats the reason there is no systems displayed in MMC.

The Sharing for the folders saploc and sapmnt was removed recently and it was working fine before that.Even if i have shared the folder again, the service is not starting.

Please suggest any solution.

Regards,

Smita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your even log file saying? Check the status of the service file from command prompt

ntscmgr.exe query <service_name>

you can check SAP OSS Note 82751

Why did you delete those shared folders?

can you delete that particular service and then restart server and then register the service once again.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply, I got the problem and solution to it and the J2EE engine is fine now.

saploc and sapmnt are not 2separate folders but the sharing name for the folder c:/usr/sap.After creating these 2shares, the J2EE engine is showing in MMC and also getting started properly.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The Sharing for the folders saploc and sapmnt was removed recently and it was working fine before that.Even if i have shared the folder again, the service is not starting.

SAP needs those to start the system, get the profiles etc.

Do not delete default shares!

Markus

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check security of these folders.