cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating userfield on OBOE table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Since the only way to access the OBOE table is through a payment object, and since the payment means can't be updated, is there a SAP supported method to do this. I mean, I know SAP doesn't support direct inserts or updates to SBO tables, then how can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, maybe I am missing something, but this is a section taken from SDK Helpcenter (2005A SP01, but not marked as new...):

"BillOfExchange is a business object that represents the Bill Of Exchange table in the Banking module. Bill Of Exchange is a commercial document used as a payment method in Spain, Portugal, Italy, and France.

Source table: OBOE."

This object holds a UserFields collection - so you should be able to update your field there...???

HTH,

Frank

Message was edited by: Frank Moebius

BTW: What I usually do to search for such things is that I go to the search tab in Helpcenter + run a query there so that I get as much as possible information from all parts in the Helpcenter...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your answer. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. What I meant with update field is that I wanted to update the value of an inserted field through DI API.

In the SDK Helpcenter the BillOfExchange object doesn't expose an update method. And this makes sense, because you can't have a BillOfExchange without a payment. So what I'm tried to do is to update a userfield defined in the section Payments/BillOfExchange, through the payment object.

I watched the SQL Profiler and when I do a oPayment.Update(), there's no update sentence to the table OBOE. Sooo, the million dollar question is...how to update the OBOE table, if the database loses support with an direct SQL update?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Answers (0)