cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in the VDS 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I have been trying to find out if there is something wrong with my installation of VDS 7.1 or if the logging features have changed compared to 7.0. In 7.0 it is possible to enable an operation log, but in 7.1 this option appears to be missing. Is the a change in the feature set or is something wrong in my installation? I am using the same XLM configuration file for both the VDS 7.0 and the VDS 7.1.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders,

This is a known issue. It seems that the inital thought was to have NetWeaver do the logging itself (I think there's some documentation on the VDS page about this) and there is a workaround to dump the log to a text file. From what I understand the next service pack for VDS will bring the internal logging back to the interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew, I tried to google a bit to find the workaround you mentioned, but I haven't been able to find it. Would you have a link that I could try?

./Anders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders,

I knew I wrote about this somewhere... Just had to find it.

Here's a link that should help.

http://sgciam.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/vds-logging/

Let me know if you have questions, but honestly, it's easier to roll back to 7.0 until the next service pack comes out which will have the logging built back in. This will only dump the log to a text file as I recall.

Matt

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anders,

This is a known issue. It seems that the inital thought was to have NetWeaver do the logging itself (I think there's some documentation on the VDS page about this) and there is a workaround to dump the log to a text file. From what I understand the next service pack for VDS will bring the internal logging back to the interface.