cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead selection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a node (ND1), with cardinality 0..n. On my view, there is an UI table, to display some fields from this node.

For displaying the rest of the fields, I use many inputfields. Yes, inputfields can display only 1 entry, so they are containing only the lead selection's value.

I've applied a filter function for this table. However, after filtering, the lead selection is "gone", and the program will result in a short duimp, with the following error.

"Context binding of property VALUE cannot be resolved: Lead selection not set for context node MAIN.1.MYTAB"

My filtering is based on the DEMO_TABLE web dynpro abap application.

What can I do against this error?

Thank you

Tamá

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

VALUE is with respect to the INPUT field element.

When you apply the filter, try to set the lead selection.

Are these inputs fields part of table. Can you provide more inputs.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The input fields are not part of the UI table, they are independent inputfields, for displaying single values of the lead selection. The node ND1 is bound to the inputfields' value property. So these independent input fields can display only the node ND1'slead selection values.

How can I set the lead selection of a filtered table? How can I know, which record is visible, and which one is not?

Can I set the lead selection, if there is only an empty table, because a wrong filter criteria??

Thank you

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can implemnet Onfilter action of the table right. You can set the lead selection that time.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankx.

How can I know, which record is visible, and which one is not? Is there a way to get the visible table content?

Can I set the lead selection, if there is only an empty table, because a wrong filter criteria??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

*Get the column references of the TABLE UI elemnet. in Modifyview. Keep it in global.

In this filter method,

Loop at those columns and use the method GET_FILTER_VALUE of cl_wd_table_column.

Or

Can you check one thing, if_wd_context_node use get_static_attributes_table. check the entries what it results in

ONFILTER method.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Aug 28, 2009 7:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GET_FILTER_VALUE of the table column is not working, because it gives back only the user-entered filter string, like "A*".

The other solution is not working as well. It gives back always the whole table, without filtering.

So the questions are still open:

How can I know, which record is visible, and which one is not? Is there a way to get the visible table content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now you have both the table contents andalso the filter value (GET_FILTER_VALUE).

For Ex: if the user entered is 'A'.

Using both, I got the filtered values.

I guess there is no direct way of getting there filtered table entries.

On filter mehotd - >

Loop at lt_table inot ls_table where code = 'A'.

*do your processing

endloop.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well yes, there is no direct way. After a while I figured out, that after filtering, the table's rowcount property is set to the filtered recordcount and the datasource node is sorted, that it contains the filtered values in the first "rowcount" places. So if rowcount property contains 2, the first 2 entries in the datasource node are those, that can be seen in the filtered table.

Answers (0)