cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6 Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the SAP ERP 6.0 Installation (only ECC 6 Server), the Master Guide for SAP ERP 6.0 Installation has a media list, which is NOT very specific.

Is there a document which describes the required installation media (preferably with the MATERIAL NUMBERS)?

If anyone has done this before, please help by sharing the link to the document or to any appropriate source of information regarding the same. This will help in smooth uninterrupted installation.

Regards,

Saurabh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

The path for downloads are correct.

I also recommend to go through the installation guide and prepare a plan before you start.

Best Regards

Raghu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

The media list in the Master Guide assumes you are installing all the components of ECC 6.0 and this is correct.

First you have to prepare what all you need to install.

For a normal ECC 6.0 ABAP+JAVA without any additional components, i would recommend to have the below media.

Master, export, BS Java, Kernel, Oracle RDBMS, Patch, Client ( If the database is going to be Oracle). Check Media list for other databases.

Let me know if its useful.

Regards

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Your reply is very helpful to me as the database used is Oracle. Thanks a lot.

Could you please answer the two questions below, that would solve my problem completely.

1. Is the Installation master for the SAP ERP 6.0 (I need to install only ECC 6.0 Server) present at the following location in the service marketplace? I mean, whether the dowload content present here is appropriate.

The path is :

Installations and Upgrades -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Application Components -> SAP ERP -> SAP ERP 6.0 -> Installation -> ORACLE

If this is not the correct path for installation master of the SAP ERP 6.0 then please let me know the correct path.

2. Is the installation master for SAP NW 7.0 SR3 (this is required as per the master guide for SAP ERP 6.0) present at below mentioned location in the service marketplace?

The path for NW 7.0 SR3 Installation master is:

Installations and Upgrades -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Application Components -> SAP ERP -> SAP ERP 6.0 -> SAP Netweaver 7.0 -> Installation -> Windows Server-> ORACLE.

Please let me know the correct path if the above path is wrong.

Best Regards,

Saurabh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

the correct path will be the 2nd one.

Installations and Upgrades -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Application Components -> SAP ERP -> SAP ERP 6.0 -> SAP Netweaver 7.0 -> Installation -> Windows Server-> ORACLE.

Below are available.

51033511_11 BS2005 SR3 Installation Master Windows Server on IA32 32bit

51033511_12 BS2005 SR3 Installation Master Windows Server on IA64 64bit

51033511_13 BS2005 SR3 Installation Master Windows Server on x64 64bit

Regards

Ashok Dalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Raghu and Ashok (for the material number).

This question is answered.

0 Kudos

Guys,

I'm trying todo the same for db2 however when I start sapinst there is no option for central system. I did read that I could use the system copy target system method but that would be my last resort.

Any ideas?

Sjoerd