cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queued(?) Calls to RFC wrapped with a Web Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a rfc in CRM 5.0 is web service enabled, how are multiple simultaneous calls to the same function from a web service handled? When doing it this way each call is using the same rfc user, correct?

Are the requests queued up? How does SAP runtime resolve two or more calls to the same function form knocking each other out?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Web Service calls inside the ABAP environment are worked on in parallel. So if you have multiple requests coming in the stuff is by no means queued. All of this of course depends on how many worker processes are configured in your system. You can see the worker processes in transaction SM50.

If I recall correctly the first worker thread which starts up acts as a dispatcher for all the other ones ( wow that's a long time ago I might be wrong on that one).

If you do not have enough work processes configured in your system then of course the dispatcher process waits until the next worker process becomes available. This is the limitation to this. If you experience such a problem you have to increase the number of work processes in your system in transaction RZ10. Changing stuff in RZ10 should be done by a system administration. if the machine you are running on is from a hardware perspective not equipped to handle more work processes then you need to have another application server in that system.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ingo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ronib
Participant
0 Kudos

i'm facing same problem when calling web services.

did you find a solution ?

thanks in advance for your help.

Roni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Most likely you chose the default of an asynchronous RFC call?

I'm not familiar with the specifics of a CRM W.S. but most W.S.s are setup as SICF services.

These are serviced as they are called...so there is no queueing...if there is no dialog work process available then the dispatcher will queue up the request but this is not the same as using Qeueued RFCs...