cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Query Selection Screen Comment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to display some text (just text) on Selection Screen of an abap query. If this was a regular abap program I could have simply used "SELECTION-SCREEN COMMENT... " and that would have been enough. But since I dont seem to have access to Initialize event I cant use this option.

1. Is there some way I can write code which will be executed in the initialize event of the abap query

2. Is there some other way for us to just display comment (without any selection field) on the selection screen of abap query.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1-Yes, if you go to your onfoset-> change ->extras->Code

In this part you can write code for differnt event .

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saquib,

Is the navigation correct ? I dont see any onfoset anywhere on se38 editor. Can you eloborate please.

Thanks and Regards,

Ben.

Message was edited by: Daniel Ben

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For infoset you have to go Tr. Sq02 and give your infoset name ...

Hope this’ll give you idea!!

<b>P.S award the points.</b>

Good luck

Thanks

Saquib Khan

"Some are wise and some are otherwise"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Squib,

I know that part. I have already written lot of code in Start-of-Selection and Record processing event. I m looking for a way to write code in Initialization event which is not available to us.

Or for some other way to show just text on the selection screen.

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It has also <b>"Initialization event"</b> in SQ02 . What you wna show on selection screen if you are interested to change fields name you can go to Sq01 and in select-option, you can change the field caption.

Thanks

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SK,

Unfortunately I m on 4.6C version which doesnt have Initialization event. So is there some other way. sorry I should have mentioned that in my message.