cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transport of a Process Chain, not activated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BW Experts,

During the transport of a process chain i get a warning with Code 5 regarding the RFC.

Process chain is not activated..

Transport log:

Start of the after-import method for object type R3TR RSPC (Activation Mode)

Version 'M' of chain DAILY_LOAD_MD was saved without checking

No destination maintained in BW standard client -> Not activated

detailed warning message:

No destination maintained in BW standard client -> Not activated

Message no. RSPC085

Diagnosis

When activating a process chain, this is checked and scheduled. Both the checking of a process chain as well as its scheduling are required so that the function is executed in the BW standard client, and the executed user has the appropriate authorizations. This is the standard case for the BW background user.

So that the function can be executed in the BW standard client, an RFC logon has to occur in the BW standard client. This is because the after-import treatment occurs in client 000. An RFC destination designed for this has to be maintained. This is not the case in this system.

System response

The process chain is not activated, which means that it is not checked, scheduled, or saved in an active version. The process chain is only adjusted to the local situation (for example, key changes with objects that are dependent on the source system), and is saved in a modified version.

Procedure

Maintain transaction RSTPRFC, where you create the destination and enter in the table RSADMINA. You can also find this function in the IMG.

when i open RSTPRFC ( Create Destination in BW Standard Client for Import Post-Processing). there is a field for 'Destination'. What should be filled here?

suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BWer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your process chain was not active when u tried to transport it.

Please reactivate process chain and retransport.

I went to the t-code RSTPRFC in my system.

It has no value in field DESTINATION.

But has logon details of system user 'BIWALE',with client number and password.

I believe its logon details of the 'myself' BW system.

(same system to which you have logged on).

Error message suggests that maintaining this is required to properly activate and schedule all process chains.

cheers,

Vishvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The msg suggests the chain was not in active so u need to reactivate the proc chain and re-transport it.

-Shreya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem. Please refer to SAP Notes

Good luck!

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri Vani,

based on this Error Log i can say, there is some customizing missing in the Target system.

1. there should be one backgroung user with user and password assigned. (spro--> Business Information warehouse >automated process>create user for background.

2. create Destination for import post processing.

spro> BIW->transport settings>create destination for import post processing.

check this...hope this helps... you need to provide user name, Logical System Name(maintained in SM59) and client password of back ground user.

All the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Answers (0)