cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Group from external file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the following question. ¿It's possible to create a target group using for this purpose a external list?

IMPORTANT:

My client doesn't want use External List Management because these clients are already in the system.

Maybe some FM could be helpful

Regards

Javier Merino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

what information is avaliable? Do you have a list of partner numbers which represent the target group?

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor, thanks for your time,

My client has a spreadsheet with a business partner numbers collection (these business partner are already create in system). The objective is creating a target group with these business partners.

Do you have any idea to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Javier Merino

Former Member
0 Kudos

I discovered BAPI_TARGETGROUP_CREATE and BAPI_TARGETGROUP_ADD_BP FMs and I think I could use them but, ¿it's possible to fulfit this requirement in configuration terms?

Thank you

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

please have a look at the last paragraph of the documentation:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/9e/ec0b3bcbe24b74e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Working with Target Groups</a>

You can import a text file with this syntax:

BPNumer

Make shure that you have a Heading and a line break after the last number.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this you need to take the BP numbers in a separate excel file with the column header like BP. so ur file will look like this:

i)

A

1 BP

2 2249

3 57843

4 8347583

ii) Save this file in a .CSV format

iii) now go to segment builder, create a blank target group by right clicking in the profile area.

iv) right click on the target group -> properties

go to the second tab.

here it will ask for the previously stored .csv file. give the path and then select "Add BP to target group"

finally you can give a name to the target group and click ok.

ur new target group will get created..

all the best...

Sunil Tadepalli

Answers (0)