cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooltips for icons in the MIME repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear community,

when using the "old icons", i.e. those starting with 'ICON_', (which - I know - I shouldn't do), each icon comes with some sort of automatical tooltip. Whereever I use the icon, the tooltip is also there.

My questions:

- Is there a way to attach (translatable) tooltips to my own icons that I upload into the MIME folder of a webdynpro component?

- Is there a better place to put my icons to (where I could attach a tooltip)?

- And finally: Is there a way to change the tooltip of an icon?

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we can change the tooltip for the Icons, there is a tooptip option where you can havecustom tooltip.

Regards,

Lekha.

Edited by: Lekha on Aug 28, 2009 2:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

thanks for your answer! Where exactly is "there"?

We are running SAP ECC 6.0 NetWeaver 2004s Support Level 10.

Best regards

Christoph

Edited by: Christoph Mangold on Aug 28, 2009 11:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the latest version.

Please insert an IMAGE ui element with your ICON specified.

For this IMAGE UI elemnet, there is a toop tip option availble where we can give our won name.

Please check it out.

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

oh, that is a misunderstanding! I certainly know about the tooltip-property for images.

My question refers to this "automatic" tooltip functionality that occurs whenever you use one of the ICON_* icons.

Consider the following example:

I have a table with a column containing always exactly on of several icons. To realize this I use the Image cell editor and bind the source property to a context attribute that contains the icon source.

Similarly, I could also bind the tooltip property of the cell editor to a context attribute that contains the tooltip text. The down side of this is that I have to introduce (and maintain) an additional context attribute, although the tooltip for one specific icon is always the same. This especially hurts if you have many tables with icons and extensive context mappings.

In contrast, if you just refer to an ICON_* icon, you ALWAYS get a tooltip automatically, e.g. ICON_DUMMY gives you the tooltip "placeholder icon".

Any hints here?

Best regards,

Christoph