cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDS extension classes in 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We have setup a 7.1 IdM system with a link to HCM through the VDS. The flow starts from the HCM system that pushes the data through an LDAP connection through the VDS which interfaces to the HCM staging area in IdM. In the VDS we have setup an extension class with a function that maps a client number in the sap system to a customer attribute in the IdM system. This is a solution that was setup to enable multiple SAP clients pointing to the sam IdM system. The solution is based on how things were setup in our 7.0 production setup, so it might be possible to do things differently in IdM 7.1.

However, in the 7.1 setup it looks like the extension class is not active. That is, I don't know how to check if it is active, but I can see that the data we export from HCM end up in the staging area without the extra attribute that supposedly should be mapped by the extension class. An example might clarify:

In our 7.0 setup we export the following:

PERNR - 1234

MANDT - 123

And in the 7.0 staging area we end up with

PERNR - 1234

MANDT - 123

Z_CUSTOMER_NO - 789

The extract Z_CUSTOMER_NO is added by the extension class possibly through a method stored in MxIDStoreFlat, which is defined in the connectors of the staging area.

In the 7.1 setup we export the same i.e.:

PERNR - 1234

MANDT - 123

And in the 7.1 staging area we end up with

PERNR - 1234

MANDT - 123

So my question is: "Where did the customer attribute go?"

In the 7.1 VDS we refer to the same methods in MxIDStoreFlat as in 7.0 and the extension class with the code is there as well. Could it be the extension class code that needs to be adaptet to 7.1 or is there somewhere to enable/disable connectors or extension classes?

Best regards,

Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

I am having the same problem. In my case i am looking into adding attributes that are not in the standard HCM EXTRACT.

For this i need to create anVDS class extension to add these new attributes.

Did you manage to resolve this issue.

What i am thinking of is create a new connector(class) to replace MxIDStoreFlat?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

It turned out that a configuration was missing in the XML file configuring the VDS service. The class that did the mapping was present in the file system but the VDS application couldn't find it due to the lost configuration.

./Anders