Did you mean: 

Agent determination rule problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the same problem as the one posted below:

>Hi All,

>

>I have created a workflow,in which i am determining >agents by Rule.If we go to transaction 'pfac' and excute >the rule it gives me the required result but after using >the rule in workflow it is not at all giving me any >result ( i.e the workitem is send to all users )I even >tried sending it hardcode values.

>

>Thankx and Regards,

>Prajakta

None of the answers posted solved my problem.

Does any one (especially Mike and Prajakta) have a clear solution to this problem?

Thank you,

Adil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Did you check the Binding from the Task container to ROLE Container ?

2. At the Role level Tcode PFAC In the Role resolution area There is Check box "Terminate if Role resolution has no agent" if that flag is uncheck and the out of Role resolution does not contain any agent , in that case SAP will send workitem to all users.

So you need to check that Check Box.

3. If you are using FM for the role resolution then you can debugg the FM to verify that output of the FM.

Regards

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aman,

I did check the flag and now the task remain unassigned, because the role doesnt return any agent.

My role take 4 parameters, I execute the role in pfac giving the parameters manually and it works fine. When I execute the workflow for the same parameters, the role doesnt return any agent!

I checked and recheked that the parameters are passed correctly to the WF container and from there to the role container, and it seems to be fine, I checked the container of executed workflows and the container contains the right parameters.

Any ideas!?

Regards,

Adil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Problem Solved!

Some of the parameters where not passed correctly to the WF container and thus to the role container. now that the role has all its parameters, every think works fine.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please award the points and close the Thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing the same problem. The FM is used to get the Chief positon (A012) realtion. The FM works fine individually ( PFAC) but when i use it in workflow, it does not return any agent.

Also there are no errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

Please double check the binding... workflow to task and task to role.

Regards,

MA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

How do i check the binding of workflow to task and task to role.

When i check the workflow in SWDD, the Task appears in the Approve travel request activity, also the binding exists.

I have a feeling that the Task itself is not activated in the workflow and it is taking the old task.

Can u pls tell how i can check whether the workflow is taking the new task.

Regards

PN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PN!

Its very simple to check the binding between the workflow and the task.

Once you double click on the step (Approve travel request), click on the 'control' tab and check the task number. Whatever task number is mentioned here that task will be called. So you can double click on the task and see whether its the new task or not.

Also, on the same page you can check the binding out. Always do a syntax check on the binding to ensure everything is fine.

Inorder to check the binding between the WF and the role you will have to go on to the tab which shows the agent assignment. Just below that you can see the binding as well.

Let me know whether you need any more information.

Regards,

MA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anwar,

I did check the binding and it seems to be fine.

If i run the fuinctional module independently, it returns me manager psoition but not in workflow.

I have only wfinitiator passed as org-agent in the container .

1) is it necessary to pass orgid and orgtype

2) Also what wud be the value of wfinitator if i log in as 'XYZ' user ? would it be 'XYZ' user id ?

Regards

PN