cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing RFC Function from R3 to WebDynpro problem.

Rodrigo-Giner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, first of all hello, Im a developer of ABAP R3, but I have to get into teh world of Portals because our client r buying the SAP Netweaver 2004 pack. So u will be seeing me offen ^^.

<b>I dont know JAVA</b>, I allready installed the SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, everything works, but when I tried to import a Simple Custom RFC (not bapi) from R3 that has 2 import value and only a Table for Output.

Using the VC works fine, but I wanna get involved more that's why I wanna now more about webdynpro.

1- When I import the Model, when I search my RFC fucntion and it appears but there is identified with a yellow triangle (instead of a green circle from the standard BAPI) why ? I can't import RFC functions or the webdynpro only works with BAPIs ?

2- This code is from the tutorial Creating a Web Dynpro

Application Accessing ABAP Functions :

public void wdDoInit() 
{ 
//@@begin wdDoInit() 
Bapi_Flight_Getlist_Input input = new Bapi_Flight_Getlist_Input(); 
wdContext.nodeBapi_Flight_Getlist_Input().bind(input); 
input.setDestination_From(new Bapisfldst()); 
input.setDestination_To(new Bapisfldst());      

When I replace this code with the names I get errors, so I dont know if I had replaced wrong or if the problem is in other side. If isn't ask much could any1 make a little comment that what do each line of this code, would be great ^^

bye and thx and excuse my english

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

Have you seen this tutorial?.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/tutorial on accessing abap functions in web dynpro - 4.htm

This will be very useful for you to start on

accessing back-end. That green light you are

talking means,its available to import.

You can import both RFC and BAPI...since

Bapi is also an RFC.

Thanks,

Raj.

Message was edited by: Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Rodrigo-Giner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen that tutorial also I get the SWFs files of that tutorial but works with BAPIs standard in R3 that appears in green.

When I create a RFC function in the R3 backend system I see it in a yellow triangle when I want to set my model, I wanna know why it's yellow (asume that mean warning) and not green (success).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rodrigo,

I am not exactly sure, bcoz I never cared about it. I also get yellow light for custom RFCs...its nothing wrong....I think it means for custom RFCs, u see yellow, and for standardized BAPIs(RFC), we see the green color.

AFAIK, you dont need to worry about it...

/Raj.

Rodrigo-Giner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, raj... ok, moving on.

I have an errors in this code:

wdDoInit

{

ZTESTEO_VC2_INPUT input = new ZTESTEO_VC2_INPUT();

wdContext.nodeZTESTE0_VC2_INPUT().bind(input);

}

ZTESTO_VC2_INPUT is the name that I give to the model node in the custom controller, but the compiler tell me that it's wrong.

Perhaps this has to do with this, when I create the custom controller and create a Model node I select both input and output, rigth ? but I found a little diference with the tutorial. After selectin what I want for input and output click finish, and my Import values of the RFC function, in the tree, aren't inside a Model Node like output, I dont know if this is right...