cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division Wise Credit Limit to Customer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I know that Credit limit is given to Customer but my requirement is as follows.

If i want to Give Credit to Customer can i give Sales Area Wise?

Sales Areas are

1000/10/00- Material X (Credit Limit 5000Rs.)

1000/10/01- Material Y (Credit Limit 6000Rs.)

1000/10/02- Material Z (Credit Limit 7000Rs.)

ie. if customer Crosses its Credit limit for Material X ie 5000Rs. then he should not allowed put that material in SO & Deliver it...

Reg

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You assign different credit control areas to each sales area and maintain the credit limit for each control area. You assign credit control area to sales area in "OVFL". Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You assign different credit control areas to each sales area and maintain the credit limit for each control area. You assign credit control area to sales area in "OVFL". Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Hi Ram,

what u are saying is right but i need to Assign only 1 credit control Area to Customer.

& Customer can order Material across all divisions...

ie in SO my division is 00 ie common

so i doubt this will work.

Reg,

Amol

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

You can maintain the credit control area ,sales area wise and assign the credit limit to that customer for particular cca as 5000 and combined credit limit as "20000" which is the maximum limit for this customer across al lthe CCAs(Divinisons). You can find both the fields in FD32. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

What u have told is correct..but

1) Can u pls tell me which credit control i have to give in FD32(in the first screen)

2) for company code how can i assign different credit control areas????

In SAP, we assign Sales Area to Credit Control Area and Credit Control Area is assigned to Company code...

Sales Area -

> Credit Control Area -

> Company Code

1000/10/00 -

> 1000 -

> 1000

1000/10/01 -

> 1001 -

> ?

1000/10/02 -

> 1002 -

> ?

with regards

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azeez,

There is a provision in SAP to have additional credit control areas for a company code(SPRO-IMG-FI ACCTNG-AR/AP-

CREDIT MANAGEMENT-CREDIT CONTROL ACCOUNT-ASSIGN PERMITTED CC AREAS TO CO CODE.) .Once you maintain the credit control areas for the specific company code., in the customer master of a particular sales area has the respective cc area and this will be determined by the system. Based on this system can read the credit limit of the customer for a particular credit control area. Kindly please let me know If you need any more information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

As per your Answer,

I am creating Sales Order with division 00(Common for all Divisions)

ie Sales Order in 00 Div will contain materials of Division 01,02,03 etc.

so. in this case Will system check Division wise Credit Limit???

Reg.

Amol

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I dont think this is possible in standard. You go to "SE81" and SD-BF- CREDITMANAGEMENT and select package "VKM" and see If there is any user exit.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

if you combine materials with different divisions in a sales order, the system may allow this (depending on settings in VOV8), but then the division in the header will be copied into the line items.

i also tried partially delivering and invoicing the order, then making changes so that a different credit control area will be used. but if you try to do this in the order, the system will return an error message saying that a document is relevant for exactly only one credit control area (and by extension, one credit limit).

i believe if you can assign sales area to different credit control areas, then materials with different divisions must not be entered in a single order but must be processed separately.

however, i am still curious if there are settings hidden somewhere that can satisfy the requirement.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My scenario is similar

One customer: ABCD

exists in two sales areas: 1000 01 AB

1001 01 AB

and two company codes: 1000 and 1001 these are also same no. assigned to the plants

I created two CCAr one for 1000 and 1001 & assigned these two CCAr to respective sales areas

All settings done in OVAK, OVFL, Ob45, FD32, dynamic chosen, status block tick everything

Credit limit check is appearing in sales order for ABCD when using 1000 01 AB

But credit limit check error not reflecting for ABCD when using 1001 01 AB

whereas all setting are exactly same for both these CCAr assigned to their respective co. codes & sales doc type and sales areas.

Please guide where am I going wrong.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

may i suggest a different approach. just use a material value contract. using this contract type, you limit the customer to a maximum order value per material. you can use the validity dates to control the time range element.

theoretically, you could set up credit limits per division, but this may lead to several problems. first of all, you can only assign one credit control area to a company code (to which all your sales area will be assigned to). so for the same sales org-distr channel combination, you could not assign to more than one credit control area without encountering data inconsistency.

also, granted you successfully assigned the materials (with different divisions) to different credit control areas, you could not process them in a single document. the system disallows processing more than one credit control area in one docement.

hope this helped.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check this thread

Thanks,

Raja