cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from 7.0 SP16 to EHP1 SP19... Is BI_CONT 7.03 mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are upgrading from Soultion manager 7.0 SP 16 to EHP1 7.0 SP19. We had never installed BI CONT 7.03 component

to our system. Is it mandatory to have to patch with SP-STACK from SP16 to EHP1 SP19 or we can do it without installing this component. If so, can we install that later if need arises.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Please also consider that you may need to increase the paramter rdisp/max_wprun_time if you get the Abap Dump TIMED_OUT.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

I would like you to refer following notes.

note 1169247-Upgrading Solution Manager 7.0 to 7.0 EHP1 (Stack 18)

note 916834-BI_CONT 7.03: Installation and upgrade information

As far as I know, you need to insatll BI_CONT 7.03 if you don't want to get any errors during the upgradation.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your note. I have already gone through 1169247 but nowhere its mentioning as mandatroy to have BI_CONT in your system.

I have selected the SP-STACK from 17 to EHP1 19 this includes the BI_CONT3.0. Since we donot have already BI_CONT 3.0 in our system i believe that during queue calculation the BI_CONT3.0 from the stack will not be installed.

Please correct me if wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Since you donot have BI_CONT 3.0 installed in your system i believe that you need not to install it separately if you don't need it. Please make sure you don't put it in the queue if you don't want to install it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Satish

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

BI_Content is essential to use some of the feature of Solution Manager SP20 like CPH etc.

If you just pick up Target stack EHP1 - 20 in Maintenance optimizer, it will be selected.

I have recently done that.

Good Luck,

Digesh Joshi