Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Scenario For File To File.

former_member644654
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just wanted to know if I can create a sample File to File scenario using a file placed in local hard disk i.e. in C: Drive (Source) and 😧 Drive (Target)?

If no, please suggest me some steps to do a File to File scenario without accessing any other servers or systems?

Regards,

Sreedhar, Av

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

Yes its possible,You can install your own FTP in your system and can use the same as file sender and receiver.You have to choose FTP option instead of NFS and specify those FTP log on details in Your communication channels.You can make use of GUILD FTP which is free ware.

Please follow the below thread that helps you in doing that

Thanks,

Ram.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

It will be easier for you to configure FTP server on your laptop / desktop rather than installing the PI on that.

Regards,

Neetesh

Edited by: Neetesh Raj on Aug 28, 2009 11:03 AM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the easiest way would be to configure a simple FTP server on your desktop itself and use the protocol FTP in your CC to configure the scenario - /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/08/01/along-came-a-file-adapter-mr-ftp-and-rest-of-the-gang

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreedhar,

-->For your case,in addition to the satish redd' reply in your communication channel select the TRANSPORT PROTOCOL AS NFS not the FTP.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreedhar,

If you have installed xi on your system then you can access directly any folders.

If you have installed on a different system and you want to access your files then you need to do an ftp to your local system for picking and writing the files.

Regards,

---Satish