cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI - Email Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

SAP SNC system have SXMB_MONI transaction. it is the same that we have in PI however there we dont have any alert mechanism (I dont aware about it).

Is it possible to send email alerts for the failed messages of SXMB_MONI. I want to know the solution other that alertconfig (ALRTCATDEF) & RWB Alert inbox because this is not available in SNC

Thanks,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant.

There is two ways to alert on errors in the local integration engine (Proxy runtime on backend). You can use the alert framework or CCMS.

Using the alert framework involves setting up a specific sm59 connection on your backend to point to your alerting server which could be your XI box or Solution manager. Then setting up the alert category in alrtcatdef and a recipient list on the alert server.

Using CCMS you would need to setup a autoreaction method on the MTE's under the tree IEngine_<SID>_<CLIENT>_ Application System in transaction rz20 / rz21.

We used the alert framework. Its easier.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ALERTCATDEF will not be used with SNC, you need to use another t-cde i.e. /SCMB/ANOTMP

Refer the step by step approach

/people/rajasekhar.atmakuri/blog/2008/10/30/configuring-e-mail-alerts-in-sap-snc

Thanks

swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chavan,

You have sxmb_moni in snc just to see whether the messages are transferred or not. You have alerts only in pi. To get the errors in snc, you can configure ccms and can attach the snc system to it which would trigger emails to your inbox. On how to configure ccms please do a search in sdn.

Also please check this function module mentioned in this thread is available in SNC. If yes then you can use it:

Regards,

---Satish