cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Behaviour of R/3 Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Webdynpro application, where in i m fetching some data from 3 different R/3 systems depending on selection using an RFC.

For first System RFC, In debugging, F5 for RFC code takes me to that system and i can debug in that system.

But for other systems, its not behaving that way, F5 comes out of RFC behaving similar to F6.

Can anybody tell me what might be the reason for these strange behavior of diff systems? What myt be missing or is there any thing related to System configuration?

Thanks,

Tejaswini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

This has probably got to do with your authorizations in the other two systems. Chances are that you have no debug authorization. I am assuming the authentication details are hardcoded in the SM59 set up of these RFC destinations.

RFC layer, unlike HTTP, doesn't need external debugging to be switched on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Andreas and Krishnakumar..!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejaswini,

if you want to debug the RFC for each system, you could use the "external debugging" flag.

For this, go in each backend system and set external debugging on. Keep logged in in the backend system

and the debugger will pop up automatically, when you debug your web dynpro application/RFC.

For more details, how to set "external debugging", see oss note 668256.

Regards,

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas!

I tried the same still its not getting me to that system.

I did mentioned before about it working fine with one system S1...but even for tht, it doesnt take me to S1 from webdynpro appn but from normal report it works fine.

And for othr two systems, it doesnt work at all from Reports nor Webdynpro Appn.

Are there authority related issues?

Thanks,

Tejaswini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejaswini,

I only used the external debugging to debug an RFC call from a web dynpro application in the backend system.

So I unfortunately could not give you any hint to your problem.

But try to use the external debugging.

You have to logon with a dialog user to the backend system, where the RFC is called.

Than switch on external debugging (see oss note 668256) and set an external breakpoint in your RFC.

If you use different user, than you must set the user, who is running the wd application in the properties of the external debugger.

Than start your wd application and when the RFC is called within your wd application, the debugger will start automatically in your backend system (you have to keep logged in this system!).

Please read the oss note carefully and do all the necessary settings/authorizations in the backend system.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Andreas