cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus - thanks for this great community.

I'm having a transport problem for a transfer structure to BW QA. I've searched the board and checked OSS notes without success.

I am transporting several objects to BW QA and I receive one error for 0BPARTNER with the following msg:

DataSource Transfer Rules

0BPARTNER_ATTR 0BPARTNER_ATTR_BA (transport fails)

0BPARTNER_TEXT 0BPARTNER_TEXT_BA (transported ok)

When transporting to QA I receive the following error:

"

Start of the after-import method for object type R3TR ISTS (Activation Mode)

Transfer structure 0BPARTNER_ATTR_BA activated under the name 0BPARTNER_ATTR_BA

It is not necessary to copy dependent objects for transfer structure 0BPARTNER_ATTR_BA

<b>Transfer structure 0BPARTNER_ATTR_BA does not exist

Error RSAR 440 when handling objects with type R3TR ISTS</b>

" with error code 12.

The attribute icon appears white and inactive in BW QA. The text part is fine. When looking at the infosource I can actually see the contents of the transfer structure. I'm supprised to see the transfer structure in BW QA when the error message explains that it does not exist.

Steps preceeding the error:

CRM QA:

- Moved all source system data sources to CRM QA and tested extractors in RSA3

BW QA:

- Set source system mapping and maintenance of source system ID.

- RFCs both ways set and checked

- Activated and replicated datasources, verified arrival of the 0BPARTNER_ATTR datasource (in BW QA)

- Executed RSDG_OBJNUMG_CREATE_INTERVAL f0r number ranges.

- Grouped transports for 0BPARTNER with dataflow before, ensured that the transfer structure 0BPARTNER_ATTR_BA is present in the transport.

What I have done afterwards to remedy the problem without success:

- Retransported the extractor to CRM QA and replicated to BW QA and retransported 0BPARTER to QA.

- Moved the object as part of a larger transport and also transported the object independently.

- Tried various import options when transporting.

Any idea on what causes this? Any insight will be greately appreciated.

Thanks!

Petter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try collecting the Transfer Rules and the Infosource for 0BPARTNER_ATTR using the Transport organizer into one single request. If the transfer rules are not collected the transfer structure (***_BA) might not be created in R/3 to BW and might be the issue you are facing. Worth a try, its just a transport might work for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to check the Dependent Object for Transfer Structure. Before Transporting the Transfer Structure try to load dependent meta data.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagaraju and Nagesh,

Nagaraju: I collected the transfer structure and moved and I received the same error.

Nagesh: I've used "dataflow before" on the 0bpartner in the transport organizer which I would assume would collect all related metadata for this object. Is there another way to do this check?

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems like a problem in an entry on ROOSGEN table in R/3. Try this :

goto R/3 syste, T-code SE11 - enter ROOSGEN

Look at table contents.

search for transfer structure 0BPARTNER_ATTR*

Check if you have versions. See if you can have only latest version in there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kosuru,

This might be a good lead!

The table you describe only have <b>one</b> entry in CRM QA:

0BBP_ORGUNIT_ATTR

However, executing 0BPARTNER_ATTR works well in rsa3 in CRM QA. Do you have the steps to properly populate this problem? I hope this is the root of the problem.

Many thanks,

Petter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, let me reformulate that: How can I populate this table? I would assume it is being done by transporting datasources from CRM Dev?

Just to re-state, I am able to test all datasources in RSA3 in CRM QA.

Again, thanks for great help.

udayabhanupattabhiram_cha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petter:

Does the InfoObject 0BPARTNER has any DataSource (from R/3, Flat Files, etc)?.

Do this:

In Transport Connection, make sure you select SAP Transports and within that folder, Object Types before you proceed.

Now, select InfoObjects

Transport ONLY 0BPARTNER infoobject.

1) Collect 0BPARTNER with options "In Dataflow Before". Also, select this option before you insert InfoObject, not afterwards.

Create a New Request.

"Do not" Release this Request in SE01.

2) Get out of Transport Connection and come back into it again.

Follow the above procedure. Now, instead of InfoObject, Select InfoSource.

Collect for the same InfoObject - 0BPARTNER.

You should see Blue Icons called transfer structure. Make sure you select ALL of them.

Add this into the same request that you selected above.

In addition, you can to to RSA1 and activate InfoObject, (ii) infosource, (iii) datasource again.

If these steps doesnot solve the problem, there is something very wrong in the collection process of Patch Level.

Good luck,

Ram Chamarthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes, the datasource is getting a hierarchy from R/3 as well. This datasource has activated correctly.

I will try the detailed process you described.

Many thanks,

Petter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Entries in ROOSGEN are always generated whenever a transfer structure is activated.

So coming to your situation, It can be one of the reasons:

1. Data source replication problem. - In BW look in source systems tab, click on your source system, find your data source, and see if it is active, if no replicate it, if yes, replicate again, go back to source system right clik and check data source.

2. Buffer issue. Reset the buffers in R/3 and BW systems using the tcode $sync.

3. IDOC issue - maybe the transport is not able to create an IDOC properly. Look for note number 493422 - they have a program name to execute to correct your idoc segments.

4. If all the above dont fix it, try to re-generate the infosource from Business content, maybe they have a latest version and try to transport the inforsource and transfer rules again.

If none of this helps, I would raise a ticket. Thanks

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks again. I will forward your msg to my basis resource and report back on the results. Thanks for monitoring and responding to this thread, I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Petter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Update on this problem in case others find themselves in the same situation:

Datasouces seemed to have replicated ok using the standard "replicate datasources" and "activate & replicate datasources". However, this was not the case. When executing "restore" on the source system the problem was solved when I re-transported. I think the re-settings of RFC system users/pwd solved the problem.

Many thanks for all your help!

Regards,

Petter

majeed_mohammedabdul
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi petter,

u get code 12 only when there is problem with the system or u have really messed up something.

what I can read out of ur error message is it seems ( if it is no the system issue ) that u have 0BPARTNER as inactive .

check ur BW Dev and see whther that object is active or not.

u might have collected it when it is active and later u might have deactivated for some reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Majeed, thanks for your input.

The 0BPARTNER objects in BW Dev is active...

Regards,

Petter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, I'm on 3.5 640.