Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying all ESR objects from on PI server to another at one go

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to copy design objects of all SWCVs available in my source PI system to another new target PI system.

In ESR, I saw i can use Tools -> Export Design Objects, with the mode "Transport Using File System", I can create a tpz file of a single SWCV, and i can use the tpz file to import that SWVC into another PI system.

I have around 27 SWCVs in my source PI system, and it is bit tedious to export/import each SWCV separately.

Is there any way out, that enable me to export all SWCVs in one go. and import into target PI ESR.

Similarly For ID objects,

can we create a tpz image file of all configuration objects of all scenarios, Business Systems etc at one shot, and import into another PI server ID.

thanks,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

That is the approach of SAP !!!

you need to perform Individual transportation on SWCV basis !!

Concept of Interface development : In PI Interfaces are developed on top of SWCV and transported as per that only . In a project there can be multiple SWCV's as per the requirement . So need to transport all individually !!

From Development point of view that is the approach !! Not sure about CTS approach for your requirement !!

But you can achieve the same result by running ghost S/W which will replicate your system exactly . But that will not be called transportation .

Regards,

Edited by: Santosh Rawat on Aug 28, 2009 11:30 AM

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>Santosh Rawat wrote:

>>From Development point of view that is the approach !! Not sure about CTS approach for your requirement !!

If we dont use .tpz file, other than "Transport Using File System", is there any other mechanism to copy ESR objects from one PI server to another.

I dont know if CTS can be used for my requirement, because my source pi system and target pi systems are not in same network.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

There are only two ways, one file system and other CMS or CTS (in latest versions). As long as you install and configured correctly you can use in any landscape teh secone one.

File system is we have to do manually export from teh export folder and put in teh input folder of qa system. Please do a search for transport techniques, you have some blogs ont hem.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhu,

You can only copy one swc at a time. You have to do manually one at a time and we dont hv the option to select all the swcs.

Even for ID objects you need to configure one scenario only at a time.

Regards,

---Satish

Edited by: Satish Reddy on Aug 28, 2009 12:14 AM