cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD - Centralised or Local- Best Approach?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I want to know the best approach for SLD, wether to have a centralised SLD or different SLD for Dev, QA and Prod?

Thanks,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant ,

I want to know the best approach for SLD, wthether to have a centralised SLD or different SLD for Dev, QA and Prod?

---> It depends , but I prefer central one !!!

Answer to your question is here :

How to Plan SLD : https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/29b1f3ea-0c01-0010-2dae-cc64bb381c97&overrid...

In XI perspective, check : https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/9e76e511-0d01-0010-5c9d-9f768d644808&overrid...

Regards,

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

I prefer central SLD Than distributed .because this is much easier and most of the customers or clients prefer central compared to distributed SLD.

Please let me know if u have any other concerns

Regardss,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ya actually it depends on the requirement.

mostly we prefer Central SLD. due to many issues.

If Decentral then performance is good but there would be extra taks of integrating those.

Then there is data uncertainity when decetral. So risk is there. But We can avoid single point of failure.

So If If number of Products and Software are in limit so better use Central and If number is huge . Can use Local as well.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Ya actually it depends on the requirement.

mostly we prefer Central SLD. due to many issues.

If Decentral then performance is good but there would be extra taks of integrating those.

Then there is data uncertainity when decetral. So risk is there. But We can avoid single point of failure.

So If If number of Products and Software are in limit so better use Central and If number is huge . Can use Local as well.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chavan,

If I were you I will go with one sld for dev and qa and one for production. I dont want one for all the three because I dont want to mess anything in production.

Ideally this is the practice we have followed with various clients. But some may differ with this.

Aslo some may opt one sld for each one, but here maintenance would be more.

Regards,

---Satish

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Which risks/challenges do you see while saying "mess everything in production"?

If only one (central) SLD, then of cause all systems (DEV, QAS and PRD) uses this central SLD in two ways:

1) They push their technical (landscape data) into the centrsl SLD (as data supplers)

2) They use this central SLD as SLD-client (web dynpros, business systems, NWDI etc.)

This central SLD of cause can be on a high performing clustered system, so that neither performance nor availability is an issue.

Which specific scenarios do you see as problematic?

BR

Tom Bo

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos