Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order --> Purchase Req --> Purchase Order ..... Sales Document flow??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a process where we proccure few parts externally. When a sales order is created in our system based on the item category config we are able to create a purchase requition automatically. This Preq is further used to create a PO based on which the purchasing group proccures the part from the vendor.

We are trying to identify if there is a way to find out a way if we can relate the PO number created in the sales document flow? Currently we are not able to view the PO number in the sales document flow. We are trying to identify if this is possible and if yes what needs to ne configuered to enable PO number linking in sales document flow?

Any pointers?

Cheers

VJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sound more like a question for a SD functional person, but I think you could probably cofigure the allocation field in the FI documents associated with the sales order (invoices) to hold the purchase order number.

Rob

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sound more like a question for a SD functional person, but I think you could probably cofigure the allocation field in the FI documents associated with the sales order (invoices) to hold the purchase order number.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while creating a sales order via VA01, u may c a Purchase order field. i think if i understood ur requirement, this field will hold ur PO no. n also it ll be available in table VBKD-BSTKD.. or else u can c some reference fields in VA01 which u can use to key in ur PO no..

this decision has to be taken in consultation with the functional guy as to wat field they wud like to populate with the PO no.,ie, the most suitable one n probably the field in the transaction which is unused..

some research gonna solve it buddy..

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Bikash,

The PO field which u r referring to on the VA01 screen is the PO number against which a SO is created. This PO number is the customers PO number. My requirement is i need to store the Intercompany PO number which is the PO number created to procure the part externally from the vendor. So its the vendor PO number and not the customer PO number.

Secondly if i try to misuse any other field to store this PO number it dosent make sense as it would not show up in the document flow screen so it would be of no use to us. We want to enable it the std way and i am sure SAP has provided some way to do it.

I check the OSS notes and found some interesting tips working on that hopefully should be able to resolve it.

Cheers

VJ