Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update task FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Im dealing with a customize dialog transaction where it does have quite a number of Update task FMs to be executed(base on the process). And all those Update Task FMs will be bundled in 1 single LUW to ensure the data consistancy.

But i have a case happened in prod server where part of the tables(inside Update task FM) weren't updated where those FMs are belong to 1 single LUW.

And there is not Update termination or Short dump shown. It leads to update carried out successfull. By right it is wrong where part of tables not being updated. And for my every single FM, i put message type A to perform rollback and abend for all the updating process if the current updating having prob in DB.

eg code in Update task FM:

UPDATE mara FROM i_mara.

IF SY-SUBRC <> 0.

MESSAGE A000(zz.

ENDIF.

Other than that, it wasn't due to locking problem where locks are placed nicely from the begining of the transaction.

Besides that the most shity part is, it can not be simulated in Prod server. There is no log in SM21, SM13. Plus if i simulate the same set of data in QA server, the problem never come out. And the case in Prod server from April till now, it happens twice only. While for the rest of the same transaction type carried out in Prod server without any prob.

Pls comment for the above.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't help but noticing the fact that you have a update statement on the standard MARA table in your FM. This will cause inconsistencies in the databases. What I am talking about might not be related to your existing issue, but you should never ever update the standard tables directly.

You should always try and use the BAPI's to do the required functionality and I am sure your problem also will be solved by doing that.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers