cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapstart service error during installation of ECC 6.0 SR3 IDES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing sapstart service error during installation of ECC 6.0 SR3 IDES on windows 2008 Enterprise x64 server.

I am facing this issue during the installation phase 24 of 45. (start central instance service )

The installation continues if I click the retry button

Same software doesn't have any such problem in Windows 2003 Enterprise x64 server installation

Any idea why and how this issue occurance can be avoided ?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tell me that, did you check the keydb.xml file during installation errors placed in your installation directory.

rgds+

imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What sort of errors i should be checking in keydb.xml file ?

During installation, I read the log that the central instance service was unable to start.

This is my fifth installation of IDES on Windows 2008 SP1 Ent x64 and everytime i get the same error . But the installation continues till completion once i click retry.

Have there been any compatability issues with OS and ECC 6.0 SR3?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What sort of errors i should be checking in keydb.xml file ?

During installation, I read the log that the central instance service was unable to start.

This is my fifth installation of IDES on Windows 2008 SP1 Ent x64 and everytime i get the same error . But the installation continues till completion once i click retry.

Have there been any compatability issues with OS and ECC 6.0 SR3?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please try to start SAP manually.Then check the logs in work directory .You can check dev_disp & dev_w0 logs & get an idea what sort of problem you have when starting the SAP.

you can check sapinst_dev log also to check in whcih step its getting fail.Please attach these logs to assist you furtther.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please try to start SAP manually.Then check the logs in work directory .You can check dev_disp & dev_w0 logs & get an idea what sort of problem you have when starting the SAP.

you can check sapinst_dev log also to check in whcih step its getting fail.Please attach these logs to assist you furtther.

Thanks..

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

The error is only during the installation phase. Once i click Retry, it will be successful.

Later on no probs with starting of SAP.

But keen to know why it is so. Is it something to do with windows 2008 ? The same software got installed succefully on windows 2003 without user intervention till the end

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

The error is only during the installation phase. Once i click Retry, it will be successful.

Later on no probs with starting of SAP.

But keen to know why it is so. Is it something to do with windows 2008 ? The same software got installed succefully on windows 2003 without user intervention till the end

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

At the time of installation sapinst start the sap system and wait for some time for the succesful startup,if the startup takes some more time it will so you error.the error can be ignored.

Regards

Ashok Dalai