Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Date Fields stripped from datasource in CR2008 SP2

I use Field Definition Files to create Reports and set an IList object to each table via a .NET C# application. This method was working fine in CR2008 SP1, however after upgrading to SP2 it seems that all Date fields are stripped from the datasource.

When a report contains a Date field it simply doesn't appear in the preview when using the Runtime Engine from the SP2 merge modules (ie. the entire field - it's not just blank); and if you use a Date field in a formula you get the error that the field is not known.

Are there any differences in how SP2 handles Field Definition Files and .NET Datasources?, or is there a problem with the SP2 merge modules?

I have since had to revert back to using SP1 merge modules.

Former Member
replied

Simon, first, I must thank you for the instructions. From here, I have good news, and not so good news. The good first;

I was able to reproduce the issue.

The bad;

I will track this with QA on Monday. Unfortunately, fixes usually take 6+ moths to resolve, so I'm quite sure we're looking at Q2 2010 when SP 3 is planned to be released. But I have been surprised before. I suppose meanwhile, we have to stay on SP 1. The latest update for SP 1 is Fix Pack 1.8. Now, SP 2 contains fixes up to and including FP 1.5. So, I am not sure what issue was addressed by SP 2 for you, but perhaps staying on SP 1 and adding the Fix Pack 1.5 will give you everything SP 2 would have. Now, since you are on SP 2, you will have to uninstall it, reinstall CR 2008 and add the FP at that point. I am at the end of my day and I'd like to test this on CR 2008 SP 1 + FP 1.5, but that will have to wait until Monday.

Have a great weekend,

Ludek

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question