cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous SRM Process With No Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a synchronous process between SAP Hosted ESourcing -> Hosted PI -> Local Router-> Local PI -> Local SRM. ESourcing is sending Master Agreements to SRM and receives a confirmation response back. The process works fine with smaller files.

When we send large files (hundreds of line items), the ESo client eventually times out with "no response" and the local PI sxmb_moni just stays in a "Log Version" status (empty circle). The RWB shows "To Be Delivered" for the Integration Engine and "Successful" for the Adapter Engine...though I am not sure a response is coming back. The agreement loads into SRM so the SRM functional folks are telling me it is a PI issue.

We have increased the following timeout parameters..though we are not seeing any "timeout" error messages.

xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default (tried 600000)

syncMessageDeliveryTimeoutMsec (tried 600000)

ICM HTTP settings for KeepAlive and MaxProcessing to 1800.

Any suggestions on what is wrong or places besides RWB and MONI to find the REAL ISSUE? I have gone through the SAP How-to on "Investigating Sync Timeouts.

Thanks,

Keith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the request is reaching SRM.....If yes, confirm from the SRM folks that the request is processed and a response is send within the timeout limit of LocalPI.....if the SRM is not processing the request within the timeout limit and not giving back the response then there is hardly anything that can be done from the PI side.

REgards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The agreement is processing in SRM. What is the easiest way for them to tell if response is sent back....write to log in function module?

Since this post, I have been able to use the HTTP Test Client...send to local PI....process in SRM and get a response back to my HTTP Test Client. Since this works, I am assuming the issue is on the ESo and Hosted PI side...though I am having a hard time getting SAP to buy it.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue not really resolved, but must have something to do with our company router connection out to SAP. Since we are moving from hosted ESO to local ESO, the issue is going away.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

> The RWB shows "To Be Delivered"

Which means that the message was successfully delivered from Integration Server point of view and it states that the messages is initially handed over to the Messaging System.

TO_BE_DELIVERED occurs while the message is put into the Messaging System receive queue.

Solution:

This is done via the Messaging System receive servlet:

http://<Host>:<PORT>/MessagingSystem/receive/<CONNECTION>;

/<PROTOCOL>

Only if this was executed successfully the Messaging System returns HTTP 200 to the Integration Server and the Status TO_BE_DELIVERED moves to DELIVERING

> though I am not sure a response is coming back.

Can you increase the Trace level -for Sync message response need to increase the trace in Tcode - SXMB_ADM (integrtion engine configuration)

Following basic parameter values are required :

MONITOR QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED 1

RUNTIME ENGINE_TYPE HUB

RUNTIME HTTP_TIMEOUT 18000

RUNTIME IS_URL /sap/xi/engine?type=entry

RUNTIME LOGGING 1

RUNTIME LOGGING_PROPAGATION 1

RUNTIME LOGGING_SYNC 1

RUNTIME TRACE_LEVEL 3

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update...

We found where we can turn on RFC Adapter traces. After going through the logs, I see that SRM is sending a response back to the PI Adapter Engine. I cannot see any errors in the trace log file.

The PI Integration Server is still not getting the response. RWB Integration Engine shows "To Be Delivered" and the request message in SXMB_MONI is showing a white circle "Log Version" status.

Where do I find details for issues between the Adapter Engine and the Integration Engine?